Lions Clubs International has a number of service project opportunities. Join Lions around the world in serving our global causes. Learn more about Lions Clubs International service programs and get resources to help plan service projects.
Lions Clubs International Service Programs
- Type 2 Diabetes Screening: Clubs can make a difference by organizing a screening project in their communities. Get started by using the step-by-step guides and resources provided by Lions International.
- Strides for Diabetes Awareness: Strides activities are a fun and engaging way for Lions and Leos everywhere to promote diabetes awareness. A Strides event can be any physical activity, from a run to a dance competition! Get creative with Strides, and use positivity and exercise to open the door to diabetes awareness and prevention. One Strides event held in your community is all it takes to begin fighting back against the spread of diabetes.
- Lions Eye Banks: Eye banks recover, evaluate, store and distribute human eye tissue for vision restoration, research and education. Eye surgeons rely on eye banks to supply them with tissue for sight-saving procedures. A Lions eye bank is sponsored by a Lions club, district or multiple district and has an established working relationship with a medical facility.
- Vision Screening: Eighty percent of all visual impairment can be prevented or cured. The first step to prevention is awareness. The second is early detection through vision screening. Around the world, Lions partner with medical professionals and community leaders to screen young children, primary school students, and adults to identify those at risk for vision loss.
- Eyeglass Recycling: Refractive errors can be easily corrected with eyeglasses, yet millions living in low- and middle-income countries lack access to basic eye care services. Lions have recognized the urgent need for corrective lenses and collect usable glasses in their communities to support the Lions Recycle For Sight Program.
- Youth Camps and Exchange: The YCE program is comprised of two major parts: international exchanges and international camps. Together, they foster a spirit of understanding and encourage peace among the people of the world. YCE does not involve tourism, academic study or employment. Instead, youth are encouraged to use their travel opportunity to share their own culture while experiencing a new one.
- Diabetes Camps: Coming soon!
- Diabetes Support Groups: Coming soon!
Service Project Ideas
In addition to LCI’s service programs and project planners, there are many ways that clubs can serve within our global causes. Below are links to beginner, intermediate and advanced project ideas, as well as ways to get started learning more about each cause.