District Excellence Award
As Lions and Leos continue to seek out opportunities to Learn, Lead and Grow, Lions Clubs International offers resources that support Lions and Leos in achieving their goals throughout their leadership journey.
The district holds an important role in the membership and leadership development of its Lions. The District Excellence Award is an achievement not only for the district, but also for clubs that the district supports. It advances our community service, membership growth and leadership development. It is a team building approach to strengthen our traditions of service and our effectiveness as leaders. First, better service at all levels and second, a more fulfilling Lions experience for all members. Make it your district’s tradition to achieve excellence every year!
Use the qualifications outlined in the District Excellence Award Application as your road map to excellence.
Applications must be signed by the current district governor. If sent from the district governor’s email, it qualifies as signature on application submitted electronically.
2022-2023 Applications Due by: August 31, 2023
2022-2023 Awards mailed to: 2022-2024 District GovernorFor questions, inquiries or to submit your District Excellence Award Application you may contact us by email email@example.com or phone (630) 468-6828.
- 90% of clubs held service projects that had a positive impact on their community
- Increased the percentage of clubs reporting in MyLion or local reporting system, as compared to the previous year
- Hosted and reported a district service project in MyLion or your regional reporting system
Tools for success
Leadership & Organizational Excellence
- 90% of clubs are in good standing (not in status quo or financial suspension: district dues paid and no unpaid balance with LCI greater than US$50 outstanding 90 days or more.
- 90% of clubs have reported club officers
- Conducted and reported training for current and potential club officers