Managing your multiple district
A strong and supportive multiple district can provide district and club leaders with direction and support to help them effectively fulfill their role. Multiple districts often provide leadership training, support ongoing multiple district service projects and encourage overall membership growth.
- Multiple District Constitution and By-Laws: Provides guidelines for multiple district operation and governance, including election procedures, committee descriptions and convention administration.
- Multiple District Dispute Resolution Procedures: Assists multiple district leaders by guiding them through the dispute resolution process.
- Model Multiple District Structure
- Model District Structure
- Standard Club Structure
Multiple district leadership
The Council Chairperson and the Council Secretary support the actions and decisions of the Council of Governors. They, along with the chairpersons who are also appointed, support the activities of the multiple district.
- Council Chairperson Manual: This manual provides a description of this position’s roles and responsibilities and resources to support a successful term of office.
- Council Chairperson Orientation: Available in the Lions Learning Center (LLC), this course provides an understanding of the responsibilities of a council chairperson.
- Your Council of Governors: This guide outlines the roles and authority of the Council of Governors.
Chairperson position and activities
Many chairperson positions, such as the multiple district protocol chairperson, the convention committee and credential committee are routinely outlined in the multiple district’s constitution and by-laws.
However, many multiple districts have additional or multiple committee chairpersons, there you will find links to support for these multiple district committee positions.
Global Action Team
- GLT Multiple District Coordinator: Resources for the Global Leadership Team
- GMT Multiple District Coordinator: Resources for the Global Membership Team
- GST Multiple District Coordinator: Resources for the Global Service Team
- Global Action Team Leadership: More information on roles and responsibilities
Other helpful links
- How to Host a Convention: Online resources to help plan an outstanding convention!
- Public Relations Grants: Multiple district can apply for up to US$15,000 to increase public awareness of Lions Clubs International activities.
- Leadership Development MD/District Grant Program: This grant program offers funds to support expenses related to multiple district/district level training of first and second vice district governors and zone chairpersons.
- Leadership Development Institute Grant Program: This grant program offers funds to multiple districts, single districts and undistricted provisional districts/regions/zones to conduct an Emerging Lions Leadership Institute (ELLI) or Regional Lions Leadership Institute (RLLI).
- Membership Grants: This grant allows multiple districts to receive up to US$10,000 to fund membership initiatives.