LCIF Grants Toolkit
We encourage you to explore the different grant types and resources within this online toolkit to find out if there’s a grant that’s right for your club, district or multiple district now, or in the future!
Resources for Applicants
LCIF offers a wide variety of grants to support Lions serve their local communities and the world. For decades, LCIF has contributed to Lions’ efforts in the focus areas of vision, disaster relief, youth and humanitarian causes. LCIF will help Lions increase their impact on these areas while expanding our reach through Lions’ global cause areas. Take a look at the following resources for applicants to help with your LCIF Grants process.
- Guide to LCIF Grant Opportunities
- Grant Deadlines
- Lifecycle of a Grant
- 10 Tips for Applying for a LCIF Grant
LCIF Grants Accomplishments
Every year, we’re able to make a positive impact in the world by providing grants to Lions clubs. These grants allow Lions to do large-scale service projects that would not be possible without financial assistance.
There are a wide variety of grants available to help Lions serve their local communities and the world. We encourage you to explore the different grant types to find out if there’s a grant that’s right for your club, district or multiple district now or in the future.
Resources for Grantees
Now that your LCIF grant application is approved, follow these tips to achieve your goals.
LCIF Grant Reporting Forms
To effectively tell your story and measure our impact, it’s critical that all grantees report on LCIF grants they receive. Below you will find a list of grant reporting forms to help you manage your LCIF grant.
Share Your Story
Share with us how LCIF has helped you personally or helped your club to help even more people in your community or globally.
We're Here to Help You Serve
LCIF is always here to help answer questions.
District and Club Community Impact Grants (DCG)
Through the DCG program, 15 percent of unrestricted contributions to LCIF are transformed into grants that fund local projects on a club and/or district level.
DCG Animated Explainer Video
Explore how DCGs can offer a new opportunity for Lions to support humanitarian activities in their communities.
LCIF Diabetes grants can increase access to diabetes care and enhance existing diabetes centers to provide greater service to the community.
New Requirements for Local Matching Funds
Important changes coming to Diabetes grant matching funds requirement July 1, 2021.
Lions must raise local matching funding in the form of cash contributions equivalent to 25 percent of the total project budget.
- At least 25 percent of the required local matching funds must be collected at the time the application is submitted to LCIF. This must be evidenced through a bank statement included in the grant application.
- Lions must have the balance of the local matching funding collected by the midpoint of the project timeline. The project midpoint will be calculated from the date of approval. For example, projects with a one year timeline must have all the local matching funds collected six months from the date of approval; projects with a two-year timeline must have all the local matching funds collected one year from the date of approval. The exact deadline date to have all local matching funding collected will be specified in the grant agreement.
SightFirst grants can help a child see the world for the first time. They can protect a village from a debilitating eye disease, or intervene before someone goes blind due to diabetic eye disease.
Childhood Cancer Grants
Childhood Cancer Grants are available to Lions districts and multiple districts in amounts from US$10,000 to US$150,000. Projects must be implemented in coordination or collaboration with existing government or charitable childhood cancer medical facilities.
As a foundation, we are proud to offer a variety of grant options to support various stages of disaster relief operations.
Leo Service Grants
LCIF Leo Service Grants provides financial assistance to Leo service projects implemented by Leo clubs in a Lions multiple district or district. The goal of the grant is to support Leos to assess, plan and implement their own service projects.
Lions Quest Grants
Lions Quest Grants aid the implementation and expansion of Lions Quest in schools around the world.
- About Lions Quest Grants
- Lions Quest Program Grant
- Lions Quest Promotional Grant
- Lions Quest Community Partnership Grant
- Reporting Form
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.