Information for YCE Chairpersons
YCE Chairperson Responsibilities
- Ensure youth protection is maintained and procedures are followed according to local laws and customs.
- Thoroughly review and understand the YCE policy.
- Ensure Lions or officially designated non-Lions conduct the program according to the YCE policy.
- Develop a district or multiple-district plan to establish, publicize, evaluate and collect metrics on camps and/or exchanges.
- Work with your district governor, council chairperson or coordinating Lions to submit your local program information to Lions International.
- Establish a thorough screening and selection process for exchange youth and host families.
- Organize a program orientation for exchange youth and host families.
- Confirm that all youth traveling abroad have the necessary travel documents and are adequately insured.
- Establish and oversee a committee to coordinate the various aspects of the local YCE programs.
- Establish separate committees to oversee incoming versus outgoing youth.
- Develop and facilitate training for YCE volunteers at the district or multiple district level.
- Encourage past exchange youth and Leos to help in planning or implementing future YCE activities.
- Encourage families of past exchange youth to serve as host families for future incoming youth.