District Governor Responsibilities
The district governor (DG) is the chief administrative officer of the district and serves as the district governor team leader. The by-laws of the District Constitution and By-laws state a district governor’s responsibilities include:
- Administer and promote membership growth and new club development.
- Administer and promote leadership development at the club and district levels.
- Promote impactful service projects, empower and support implementation at the club and district levels.
- Preside, when present, over cabinet, convention and other district meetings.
- Promote harmony among the chartered Lions clubs.
- Ensure that each Lions club in the district be visited by the district governor or other district officer once every year to facilitate successful administration of the club.
- Perform such other functions and acts as shall be required of him/her by the International Board of Directors.
Visit our District e-Book for more helpful information
Club Rebuilding and Reactivation
Lions Clubs International offers multiple levels of support to help strengthen struggling clubs or bring clubs back to a viable strength. See Rebuilding, Reactivation and Priority Designation Clubs for more informaiton.
Guiding Lion Program
The Guiding Lion Program is designed to assist clubs that are newly chartered, established or determined as priority designation. Guiding Lions are assigned for a two-year term by the district governor in consultation with the sponsoring or established club president. Guiding Lions are limited to serving no more than two new clubs at any point in time.
District Governor Resources
The LCI website offers a wealth of resources for district governors. Use the links below to help navigate your way through the site and to find the forms, publications and information you need.
For the DG Team
- Manuals and Guides/Governance
- Constitution - Multiple District Constitution and By-Laws (la5.docx)
- Constitution - District Constitution and By-Laws (la4.docx)
- Constitution - Standard Club Constitution and By-Laws (la2.docx)
- Model Multiple District Structure
- Model District Structure
- Standard Club Structure
- Board Policy Manual
- District e-Book
- Cabinet Secretary-Treasurer Manual (la40.pdf)
- Club President/First Vice President e-Book
- Club Secretary e-Book
- Club Treasurer e-Book
- Club Membership Chairperson e-Book
- Club Service Chairperson e-Book
- Constitutional Complaints Procedures (constitution_comp.pdf)
- Dispute Resolution Procedures (dist_dispute.pdf)
- Club Dispute Resolution Procedures (club_dispute.pdf)
- District Election Guidelines (lg23.pdf)
- DG/VDG Election Complaints Procedures (dgvdg_election.pdf)
- Ceremony for Installation of Officers (le1.pdf)
- The International Visitor - A Hosting & Protocol Guide (pr768.pdf)
- The Vital
- Your Council of Governors (da-ycog.pdf)
- The Team Approach for Club Visits (da-cta1.pdf)
- Forms and Publications
- Other Helpful Forms
- LCI Grants
- Leo Leadership Grant Program and Application (Leo_Leadership_Grant_A.pdf)
- Lions Family and Women Symposium Program Planning Guide (mp101.pdf)
- Lions Services for Children Symposium Program Planning Guide (iad262.pdf)
- Lions Services for Children Symposium Reimbursement Application (iad262a.pdf)
- Membership Grant Application (mga.pdf)
- Public Relations Matching Grant Program (pr9221.pdf)
- LCIF Grants and Applications
- How to Apply for an LCIF International Assistance Grant (lcif110.pdf)
- How to Apply for an LCIF Standard Grant (lcif109.pdf)
- LCIF Grant Programs Brochure (lcif122a.pdf)
- LCIF International Assistance Grant Application (iag1.pdf)
- LCIF SightFirst Grant Application Guide (sf203.pdf)
- LCIF SightFirst Brochure (lcif122.pdf)
- LCIF Standard Grant Criteria Application (lcif27.pdf)
- Melvin Jones Fellowship Application Form (lcif42m.pdf)