Start a New Club
Starting a Lions Club offers you the opportunity to create the club you want to see in your community, and serve the causes you care about with the service-minded people you care about most.
Benefit your community
Starting a Lions club will benefit your community. By introducing service projects and offering more community members the opportunity to serve, you create good by chartering a new club.
Starting a new club also benefits your Lions District. You’ll expand the reach of Lions Clubs International in your area, and encourage membership growth. A new club creates potential – potential leaders, potential service, and potential recruitment – for your district.
What do I need to start a new club?
- 20 or more charter members.
- A sponsoring club, zone, region, district cabinet or district committee.
- A completed charter application and report of charter members, submitted via MyLCI.
- Your current district governor's approval.
- Appropriate charter fees and certification form.
- A minimum of one Guiding Lion.
- Club and Membership Types
- New Club Development Guide
- New Club Development PowerPoint
- New Club Development Community Assessment
- MyLCI Charter Application Instructions
- MyLCI Club Branch submission
- New Club Development page
- Informational Night Meeting PowerPoint
- Organizational Meeting PowerPoint
- Leo Club Program Development Checklist (new)
Club chartering awards
Starting a club supports the growth of Lions International, and you may qualify for certain awards as a result! Awards and recognition for starting a new club include District Governor Extension Awards, Extension Award Recipients, or a Sponsoring Club Patch.