New Club Development Workshop
The New Club Development Workshop is designed to train and assist your district in the development of new clubs. Trainings are available in Canada, the United States, Latin America, Australia, and New Zealand.
The District Governor Team or District Global Membership Team (GMT) Coordinator can submit a request to have a new club development consultant come to their district to train and assist in the formation of new clubs. Consultants are Lions with extensive knowledge in chartering new clubs and recruiting new members. They are ready to assist your district in the formation of a new club.
Click the Workshop Request to request a new club training. Requests must be made at least three weeks prior to start of workshop. Staff will review the request and if approved, the district will be assigned a new club development consultant. The club organizer will then work closely with the consultant on the logistics of the training, which include completing the following items prior to the training:
- Identifying a minimum of one Guiding Lions.
- Completing a Community Needs Assessment for the prospective area(s) to be sure a new club is a viable option in that community.
- Scheduling meetings with community leaders to inform and invite them to become a member.
- Printing out recruiting flyers with details of the informational meeting to hand out while recruiting.
- Developing a recruitment team that will support the recruitment and new club formation process.
- Ensure that the proposed club location has a population greater than 1,000 residents
If after eight weeks a club has not been chartered, your district agrees to submit paperwork for a club branch while continuing to recruit the minimum of 20 members needed to charter.
If you have additional questions after reviewing the FAQs, please reach out to the Membership Experience team at email@example.com.