Guiding Lion Program
Designed for New, Existing and Priority Designated Clubs
The Guiding Lion Program is designed to assist clubs that are newly chartered, established or determined as priority designation. Guiding Lions are assigned for a two-year term by the district governor in consultation with the sponsoring or established club president. Guiding Lions are limited to serving no more than two new clubs at any point in time.
Guiding Lions assist a club to:
- Be successful in its first two years of operation
- Orient and train club officers and members
- Motivate and support club growth and development
- Locate resources available to assist the club
Guiding Lion Support for Existing and Priority Designation Clubs
To apply the Guiding Lion strategy to a club that is rebuilding or a priority designation, district governors must complete the appropriate forms:
Priority Designation Clubs: Assists clubs in the areas of: rebuilding, recruiting new members, training officers and providing meaningful community service.
Club Assignment Form: Complete this form to assign a Guiding Lion to a club and ensure they receive the monthly Club Health Assessment.
Certified Guiding Lion Rebuilding Assessment: This checklist tool designed to identify the club’s strengths and areas for improvement so that the Guiding Lion can develop training and support specific to the needs of the club.
Club Health Assessment: to track membership growth, reporting trends and the overall health of the clubs in your district
Certified Guiding Lion Program e-Kit
Guiding Lions are encouraged to complete the Certified Guiding Lion Course to improve their skills in club support. The course is designed to be completed individually or facilitated by an instructor. All Certified Guiding Lions are required to take the Certified Guiding Lion (CGL) every three years. Following is a list of course material to become a Certified Guiding Lion.
Resources for Group Review
- Best Practice for Financial Transparency
- Blueprint for a Stronger Club
- Club Assessment
- Charter Night Planning Guide
- Club Quality Initiative
- Club President/First Vice President e-Book
- Club Secretary e-Book
- Club Treasurer e-Book
- Club Membership Chairperson e-Book
- Club Service Chairperson e-Book
- Club Marketing Communications Chairperson Guide
- Guiding Lion Assignment Form
- Lions Community Needs Assessment
- Making It Happen: Guide to Club Project Development
- Standard Club Structure
- Orientation Guide
- Standard Club Constitution and By-Laws
- Your Club, Your Way!
- Printed Kit Component Form
- Certified Guiding Lion Test
- Club Officer Checklist
- Club President Mentor Checklist
- Club Secretary Mentor Checklist
- Club Treasurer Mentor Checklist
- Club Membership Chairperson Mentor Checklist
- Club Service Chairperson Mentor Checklist
- Club Marketing Communications Chairperson Mentor Checklist
- Completion Verification Form
- Quarterly Report
- Final Report
Presidential Certified Guiding Lion Award
To receive the Presidential Certified Guiding Lion Award, it requires that you complete:
- Quarterly Reports - These are submitted during your two-year assignment.
- Certified Guiding Lion Final Report - At the end of your two-year assignment with the club, complete the CGL Final Report, which contains the criteria required to qualify for the award.
For more information or to order your Certified Guiding Lion kit, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (630)468-6810.