Lions Certified Instructor Program (LCIP)
Due to the impact of COVID-19, the Lions Certified Instructor Program Trainings for 2020-2021 have been cancelled.
The Lions Certified Instructor Program (LCIP) training serves as the path by which Lions can apply to become certified instructors. Lions who are LCIP certified are eligible to serve as faculty at locally approved institutes (ELLI, ALLI and FDI), Lions Clubs International-directed institutes*, the International FVDG/DGE Seminar, and other training-related events. Effective July 2020, LCIP certification is a requirement to serve as Lions Clubs International-directed institutes faculty and FVDG/DGE Seminar Group Leader.
*To be considered for faculty at LCI-directed Institutes, the candidate must also be able to communicate in English.
The purpose of the LCIP is to deliver consistent effective training at all levels within Lions by increasing the number of qualified instructors, while also providing a framework for broadening and deepening the knowledge and experience of the instructors. The LCIP training provides Lions who have training experience the opportunity to expand their knowledge and demonstrate their training ability, including the opportunity to be evaluated for certification.
Lions who are interested in applying to the LCIP training must meet one or more of the following qualifications:
- Lions who have experience as a professional trainer or educator for five or more years.
- Lions who have served as faculty at local Lions trainings (e.g. Regional Lions Leadership Institute, district-level training for club officers, etc.) or conducted Lions training at forums.
- Lions who have served as FVDG/DGE Seminar Group Leader or Lions Clubs International-directed institute faculty.
If you do not fall into any of the three categories, but are still interested in developing your training skills, consider applying to the Faculty Development Institute (FDI).
To help you decide which training is most suitable for you download our Certification Tracks for Classroom Facilitation fact sheet.
Expectations of Lions Certified Instructors:
- Facilitate Leadership Development programs at all levels, including but not limited to: Club Officer Trainings, Zone Chairperson Trainings, Regional Lions Leadership Institutes, First and Second Vice District Governor Trainings, Emerging Lions Leadership Institutes, Advanced Lions Leadership Institutes, Faculty Development Institutes, Lions Certified Instructor Program offerings, and additional programs as requested.
- Seek opportunity and promote one’s availability and willingness to deliver trainings at all levels, including but not limited to all listed above.
- In collaboration with the Global Action Team - Global Leadership Team, provide regular updates to the Leadership Development Division on the status of trainings and training-related needs in your area.
Lions who meet the above qualifications may apply to attend an LCIP training. Applications will be available at least four months prior to the training. If you are interested in applying, please download the application for the training event you are eligible to attend from the list below. Because of the high number of applications received by the organization, acceptance into the training is not guaranteed. Furthermore, attendance does not guarantee certification.
Personal Expense Policy Regarding the LCIP Training
Lions Clubs International will provide meals and lodging according to the schedule of the training. In compliance with board policy, a non-refundable participation fee of US$200.00 will be required to offset a portion of these costs. This fee will be due no less than six weeks prior to the training start date. Please do not send fees until you receive a letter of acceptance to the training. Participants are also responsible for their own transportation and other travel related expenses to and from the training site.