Leos have been serving communities for over 60 years and gaining valuable leadership experience in the process. The Leo-Lion membership program offers Leos an opportunity to continue their service journey as Lions members.
Who can become a Leo-Lion?
Current or former Leos between the ages of legal majority through age 35, who have served as Leos for at least a year and a day, can continue serving their communities as Leo-Lion members!
Lions under age 36, who previously aged out of the Leo-Lion program may rejoin the program, by contacting their club secretaries. Those officers can update the member records in MyLCI by choosing the Leo-Lion member type on the edit member page. Discount benefits are limited to the period of their active Leo-Lion membership for the billing period starting January 2020, and are not retroactive.
Membership has its benefits
- 50% discount on international dues
- Entrance or charter fee waiver
- Exclusive Leo-Lion membership pin
- Years of Leo service credited to the Lion record
- Exclusively for Leo-Lion members: LinkedIn Leo-Lion professional networking group // Request to join
- Eligible to serve as a Leo-Lion board liaison Info Sheet
- Eligible to serve as a Leo-Lion cabinet or council liaison
- Option to serve in a Leo-Lion Club or any other Lion club type
- Continued connection to the Leo identity under the name “Leo-Lion”
Leo-Lion Program Scholarships
- In-person training scholarship opportunity to an Advanced Lions Leadership Institute (ALLI) Info Sheet
- Leo-Lion Cultural Exchange Ambassador-International Service Scholarship opportunity Info Sheet
Leo-Lion Online Learning Courses
A special online learning path is available on the Lions Learning Center (LLC) developed using responses from Leo-Lions who were surveyed from around the world. Topics included were identified by Leo-Lions as most important to them for their leadership and personal development.
How to keep serving
Becoming a Leo-Lion
Transfer Leos to Lions Membership
Transitioning Leo to Leo-Lion membership in MyLCI is easy.
Join or charter a Leo-Lion club
Leo-Lions have the option to serve in a variety of club types. One option is serving in a Leo-Lion club.
Learn about club, district and multiple district level awards for guiding Leos through the process of becoming Leo-Lion members and forming new Leo-Lion clubs.
Contact email@example.com for more information about the Leo-Lion program and these special awards.
Get started today!
To become a Leo-Lion, Leos should talk to their Leo club advisor about joining their sponsoring Lions club or find a club near them.
New Leo-Lion members can be added to a club via MyLCI. Choose “Leo-Lion” member type. The Leo to Lion Certification Form (LL2) may be used as a template for information needed in MyLCI or local reporting systems, but are not required to be submitted to Lions Clubs International.
Some Leos choose to become Lions while also continuing to be active members in their Leo clubs for a brief period of time. Learn more by checking out the guidelines for Dual Leo and Lion memberships.
For more information about the Leo-Lion membership program, contact the Membership Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.