Leo club advisors
Leo club advisors are Lions who enjoy working with young people and guide Leos in managing club activities and developing effective community service projects. Advisors also foster the leadership development of Leos by creating an environment for learning and connecting Leos with community leaders.
Leo member reporting
Lions Clubs International is committed to growing the program to 200,000 reported Leo members by 2026. Leo club advisors play an important role in helping meet this goal — they are responsible for reporting Leo club officers, who in turn may report their club’s members in MyLCI. The graphic below highlights our progress in reaching our goal.
Need help reporting via MyLCI? Read the step-by-step guide to reporting Leo club advisors and officers as well as our reporting FAQ.
For districts that do not use MyLCI, clubs can submit the Leo-72 form.
Currently over 170,000+
Goal: 200,000 reported Leos
Leo club advisors should adjust their leadership approach based on the Leo club track. Younger Alpha Leos typically need more guidance and direction than older Alpha Leos, while Omega Leos may work more independently. Some examples of Leo club advisor responsibilities include:
- Ensuring any club officers and members who can be reported are reported
- Promoting Leo club activities
- Attending each Leo club and board of directors meeting
- Serving as the liaison between the sponsoring Lions club and the Leo club
- Ensuring new Leos receive orientation and new member materials
- Recognizing Leos for their achievements
- Encouraging Leos to become Lions through the Leo-Lion Program
Leo club materials and supplies
Leo membership cards, certificates and new member guides are available for download through MyLCI.
Recruitment brochures, posters and other publications can be ordered through the Leo Club Publications Order Form (Leo-4). These orders are billed to the appropriate Lions club, district or multiple district account. Many materials can also be downloaded from the Leo Club Resources section of the Lions Clubs International website. All other items, including Leo new member kits, are available for purchase through the Lions Clubs International Shop.
Below, you’ll find a variety of resources to help you on your journey as a Leo club advisor, as well as helpful information that is relevant to the Leos you are advising. You can visit the About Leos webpage for additional information.
- Leo club advisor training: Learn more about the Leo Club Program and your role as an advisor with this comprehensive training and orientation program.
- Leo Club Program resources guide: Learn about the resources available through the Leo Club Program such as grant funding, training information and promotional materials.
- MyLCI: In regions using this online reporting system, advisors can add members, report officers, access various resources and more.
- Lions Learning Center (LLC): Using their Lion Account login information to access the LLC in Learn, Leos can access an online learning path developed using feedback from Leos around the world. Topics included were identified by Leos as most important to them for their leadership and club management skills.
- Leo Facebook page: Stay up-to-date on the Leo Club Program with announcements about important deadlines, new resources and exciting service projects.
- Chapter XXII of the Board Policy Manual: The Leo Club Program chapter of board policy includes the Standard Leo Club Constitution and Bylaws.
- Leo-Lion Program: Learn about the benefits available to Leos who continue their service as Lions and how you can support their transition from Leo to Lion.
- Leo to Lion Transition Best Practices Guide: This supplemental guide to the Continuing the Leo to Lion Service Journey PowerPoint includes best practices to support Leos on their journey to Lions membership.
- Leo awards: Explore the awards Lions International offers to recognize the achievements of Lions and Leos through the Leo Club Program.
- Reporting Matters guide: This guide explains the importance of Leo member reporting and provides information about who can report as well as helpful tips and resources.