International Peace Poster Contest
For over three decades, Lions clubs around the globe have been sponsoring a very special art contest in schools and youth groups. Creating peace posters gives children everywhere the chance to express their visions of peace and inspire the world through art and creativity.
Order a Peace Poster Contest Kit
To sponsor the Peace Poster Contest, Lions clubs can order a contest kit from January 15 to October 1. The kit is available in 12 of our official languages. A kit is needed for each contest sponsored.
Each kit contains:
- Official Club Contest Guide and Rules
- Official School or Youth Group Contest Guide and Rules
- Participant Flyer to duplicate and give to participating students to take home
- Sticker to place on back of winning poster
- Certificates for contest winner and school or youth group
To place an order for the Peace Poster Contest Kit (PPK1) order form (PR785 in languages) and email it to email@example.com. Note: All credit card orders must be placed online.
Promote the Contest
In addition to the kit, you can also use the following PR Tools to promote your club's Peace Poster Contest:
The 2018-2019 Contest
“Kindness Matters” is a saying that encompasses the way Lions view and serve the world. It’s a powerful sentiment that everyone knows, yet is too often lost. Who better than our youth to remind the world of this powerful and important message?
Peace Poster Contest Deadlines
Students ages 11, 12 or 13 as of November 15 are eligible to participate in the International Peace Poster Contest. Entries not meeting the following deadlines will be disqualified.
- January 15: Kits go on sale from the Club Supplies Sales Department at International Headquarters.
- October 1: Deadline to purchase kits from the Club Supplies Sales Department at International Headquarters.
- November 15: Postmark deadline for a club to send one winning poster (per contest sponsored) to the district governor.
- December 1: Postmark deadline for a district governor to send one winning district poster to multiple district council chairperson.
- December 1: Postmark deadline for a district governor not belonging to a multiple district to send one winning poster to the Public Relations Department at International Headquarters.
- December 1: Postmark deadline for a club not belonging to a district to send one winning entry to the Public Relations Department at International Headquarters.
- December 15: Postmark deadline for the multiple district council chairperson to send one winning poster to the Public Relations Department at International Headquarters.
- February 1: Club presidents of international winners will be notified on or before this date.
Peace Poster Tabletop Exhibit
The Tabletop Exhibit is a great way to draw additional attention to the contest, and encourage others to get involved. Past successful locations include libraries, community events and district, multiple district and state Lions conventions.
It’s available for loan free of charge to clubs, districts and multiple districts in the United States to promote the Peace Poster Contest. Please note that due to customs regulations, we are unable to ship the exhibit outside of the United States.
To learn more, contact (630) 203-3812.