Lions who aspire to leadership roles beyond their club will benefit from the ALLI, where they will expand their knowledge of our association and foundation and build valuable skills.
Candidates for an ALLI must meet all qualifications before applying.
- Current member of a club within the constitutional area.
- Completed a full term as club president.
- Not yet attained the position of First Vice District Governor.*
- Not attended an ALLI within the last five (5) years. (Internationally or Locally hosted)
*Second Vice District Governors are highly encouraged to apply.
Upon acceptance to the institute, participants are obligated to the following:
- Attend all sessions of the 3-day institute.
- Arrange personal travel to and from the institute.
- Complete pre-assignments prior to arrival.
- Pay US$125 participation fee.
- Review the ALLI Quick Guide for additional information.
COVID-19 Attendance Guidelines
In the best interest and safety of our Lions and others, please follow the guidelines below.
- Follow relevant guidance provided by the World Health Organization (WHO), or your local health authority.
- Adhere to all government issued travel restrictions, quarantine guidelines, and vaccination mandates issued by the region to which you will be traveling and the region you will be traveling from.
- Read and adhere to the COVID-19 Institute Protocol.
The ALLI Experience
Join fellow participants for 3 interactive days, where you will collaborate, share ideas, explore best practices in leadership and strengthen your knowledge of Lions International and our Foundation!
- Day 1
- Opening Session: Meet your faculty and fellow participants.
- Leadership Fundamentals: Identify effective leadership behaviors and assess your own leadership skills.
- Presentation Preparation: Review best practices in preparing for and delivering quality presentations.
- Conflict Resolution: Learn to recognize sources of conflict and guidelines to actively resolve conflict.
- Focused Discussion: Reflect on leadership experiences and identify future opportunities to develop personal leadership skills.
- Day 2
- Project Management: Practice project management skills while working in small groups and using a case study.
- LCIF: Examine the many ways through which Lions and others can support the foundation — and how the foundation can support Lions and others through grants.
- Service Journey Resources: Examine resources designed to support the Service Journey and how to promote them in clubs and districts.
- Delegation: Understand the benefits and challenges of delegation. Practice delegating using a five-step model.
- Focused Discussion: Discuss, with fellow participants, local or regional needs, challenges and opportunities.
- Day 3
- Developing Extraordinary Teams: Examine the concept and components of an “extraordinary” team.
- Developing the Lion Leaders of Tomorrow: Learn how to leverage your own leadership experience and utilize strategies and resources to identify and develop Lions leaders.
- Promoting Lions Image: Understand the benefits of promoting the Lions image and the strategies and resources that are available.
- Closing: Applaud each other as you complete a successful institute and prepare to apply your learning when you return home.
Ready to apply? Select your constitutional area to begin!
All dates and locations are subject to change. Please note that application forms are available only in the languages offered.
- I & II: USA, Affiliates, Bermuda, The Bahamas and Canada
Date: March 26-28, 2022
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Applications closed as of December 26, 2021
- III: South America, Central America, Mexico, and Islands of the Caribbean Sea
The Advanced Lions Leadership Institute will not be offered for 2021-2022.
- IV: Europe
- V: The Orient and Southeast Asia
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- VI: India, South Asia and the Middle East
Date: March 11-13, 2022
Location: Mumbai, India
Applications closed as of December 11, 2021
- VII: Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Indonesia and Islands of the South Pacific Ocean
Date: May 27-29, 2022
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Application Due Date: March 16, 2022
- VIII: Africa
Date: April 23-25, 2022
Location: Tunis, Tunisia
Applications: English | French
Applications closed as of January 23, 2022