2023-2024 District Goals
Incoming district teams have the opportunity to develop goals and action plans that support the needs of their districts and unify the teams’ vision by planning for a successful year ahead.
International First Vice President Dr. Patti Hill, along with the executive officers ask for your commitment in strengthening our global impact by developing strategic action plans in support of the following association goals:
- Service activities: By the end of the 2023-2024 Lion year, our district will increase the percentage of clubs reporting service (meeting or exceeding last year’s service reporting numbers).
- Membership development: By the end of the 2023-2024 Lion year, our district will achieve a positive membership growth (meeting or exceeding last year’s membership numbers).
- Leadership development: By the end of the 2023-2024 Lion year’s first quarter, our district will hold training for club officers and zone chairpersons. The district GLT coordinator will report each training using the manage training feature in Learn.
- LCIF: By the end of the 2023-2024 Lion year, our district will support Lions Clubs International Foundation (LCIF) in its endeavor to achieve its fundraising goal.
A complete list of association goals and district-specific target goals can be found in the District Goals FAQ.
Use the tools below to begin planning for a year devoted to reinvigorating, rebuilding and reviving our districts through increased service activities, membership growth, leadership development and support for our Lions Clubs International Foundation.
Where do we begin?
Build a team: Build an effective team of motivated, dedicated and passionate Lion leaders to support your district in the coming year.
Build a vision: Work with your team to learn more about your district by completing the District Strategic Plan Workbook (link below).
Build a plan: Upon completion of the Action Planning to Achieve District Goals eLearning course (available in the LLC), review the Sample Action Plans Booklet (link below).
Build success: Prepare for a successful year ahead by developing and submitting your 2023-2024 District Goals and action plans with the help of your district team by May 30!
Submit 2023-2024 District Goals
Form may take up to a minute to load
Already submitted your goals and action plans? You can edit your submission using the edit link received through your email or contact GAT@lionsclubs.org for more information.
Assignments to complete
- FVDG/DGE Seminar District Goals Assignment (available in your First Vice District Governor/District Governor-Elect Learning Path in the LLC)
- District Strategic Plan Workbook
- Action plan template Word | PDF
- District goals submission process walkthrough (Subtitles available in all languages)
- Sample Action Plans Booklet
- Supporting actions for district success
- District goals FAQ - New!
- Integrating Global Membership Approach into district goals
- Global Membership Approach
- View or print goals* - Coming soon!
- Global Action Team resources
- Learn more about the Global Action Team
Questions? Contact the Global Action Team support staff.
*Goals will show on the view/print screen 24 hours after submission once available.
District goals archive
Current Lions year district goals
- Review goals and action plans developed for the 2022-2023 Lions year and build upon their success.
- Track and monitor progress made towards achieving goals established on the District Goals Progress Dashboard on Insights.
- Review a complete list of districts who have achieved their goals in previous Lions years.