Public Relations Guide
Public relations involves all forms of communication – written, verbal and non-verbal. It includes writing news releases and distributing promotional flyers. Equally important are actions often taken for granted, such as wearing a Lions lapel pin and marching in a parade.
Good public relations – informing the community that your club built the park, conducted the vision screening or collected the eyeglasses – will help foster community support. Public relations can even support your club's membership efforts. People want to belong to a successful and reliable organization. By actively promoting your club and its worthwhile activities, you'll be projecting a positive image in the community – and showing that your club is worth joining.
Public Relations Tools and Information
Find answers to the following key questions, and spread the word about your club – and tell people about the good work you're doing in your community.
- What are the PR Chairperson's responsibilities?
- How do I determine what is newsworthy?
- How do I contact the local media to promote my club's activity?
- What are some publicity ideas to help share Lions messages?
- What PR resources are available from LCI Headquarters?
For More Information