LCI Forward Paved the Way
We’re excited to announce the launch of the Lions International Strategic Plan, our global strategy that will continue the important work we began with LCI Forward.
As we entered our second century of service, we had a vision: to increase our humanitarian impact, innovate our service and position our organization, our global foundation and our clubs for long-term success. LCI Forward became that new vision in 2015. Thanks to you, we achieved our LCI Forward goal of serving more than 200 million people per year.
This plan keeps us focused on the future so we can continue to grow and thrive.
A Strategic Plan Built for Lions
Now we’re building on this success with the Lions International Strategic Plan to ensure that we will always be ready to serve our communities and the world. This plan keeps us focused on the future so we can continue to grow and thrive.
Our strategic approach addresses key areas of Lions. Here’s what we’ll focus on as we move forward:
- Greater integration between Lions Clubs International and Lions Clubs International Foundation (LCIF) because we share the same mission of service.
- Stronger activation at the club level to make sure clubs are fully engaged.
- New models of engaging volunteers to make sure we’re offering the opportunities they’re looking for.
- More regionalization to make our plan even more relevant around the world.
Here’s What We’ll Accomplish
We’re working on some exciting initiatives to help us reach our goals.
- Empower Lions’ service through our Foundation – To keep our Foundation healthy and ready to support our service, we’ll focus on encouraging individual and club giving, recognition and giving programs, and building on the momentum of Campaign 100.
- Create a better member experience – We’ll nurture new clubs, providing improved support for clubs that are looking to grow, and continue to focus on increasing membership satisfaction.
- Strengthen our brand – We’ll unite Lions Clubs International and LCIF under a single global brand to show the world we are united in our mission of service.
- Build models for service growth – The need for service is growing around the world, so we’ll need to keep growing too and building new models for growth. We’ll increase our service impact through corporate social responsibility (CSR) engagement and more corporate partnerships.
- Provide more flexible volunteer opportunities – We’ll explore new opportunities for people who prefer to occasionally serve to do it with our clubs.
Visualizing Our Strategic Plan
We’ve brought it all together in a great visualization of the plan that helps Lions quickly understand what we’re trying to achieve. This image highlights our three focus areas and what we’re trying to achieve in each. It’s an inspiring image for an inspiring plan.
The Lions International Strategic Plan will help us achieve our vision of becoming the global leader in humanitarian service. It’s a lofty vision, but we have the best volunteers on earth, and our plan will help us achieve it.
Learn more about where we’re going and how we’re planning to get there…together.
Past International Director Joyce Middleton is the chairperson of the Strategic Plan Project Team.
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has impacted communities around the world in different ways. To ensure we’re serving safely wherever we live, Lions should follow the guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control, World Health Organization or local health authorities. Visit our Serving Safely page for resources that can help you safely serve your community.