This post was originally published on October 25, 2009. Updated October 28, 2016.
Setting up a Facebook page for your Lions club is one of the most effective ways to share your club's activities, connect with the community and learn what other Lions are doing around the world!
What's the difference between a Facebook page and a Facebook profile?
It's important to understand the difference between a Facebook page and a Facebook profile:
- A profile is for individuals - this is your personal account that you can make private or public. Each person on Facebook has a profile.
- A page is for organizations, brands, businesses and communities. Pages are visible to the public and can have an unlimited number of followers.
So which do you want to use for your club?
Create a Facebook page for your club. In order to create a Facebook page, you must have a Facebook profile.
Getting Started on Facebook
Click the links below for instructions on how to set up Facebook for your club.
- How to create a Facebook profile/account (Every Facebook page needs someone with a profile behind it.)
- How to create a Facebook page for your club
- How to convert a Facebook profile to a Facebook page (In case you already have a Facebook profile for your club, you can turn it into a page!)
- How to assign multiple admins and editors to a page (So more than one member can have access to the page.)