There’s nothing like being a Lion. We make a difference in our communities and in the lives of the people we serve. And even though Lions spend most of their time giving, they also get so much in return. Here’s a look at some of the great benefits of being a Lion.
- The fun and fellowship – Service isn’t just meaningful. It’s fun. We build new friendships in our clubs and new connections in our communities. We laugh. We bond. We serve, and we do it with a smile and an open heart.
- Opportunities to lead – Lions are leaders in their community, organizing projects that meet real needs. And you have opportunities to become a club officer so you can put your leadership skills to work for your club. Lions International offers online and in-person training that can take your leadership to the next level so you can learn, lead and grow.
- Tools to put your kindness in action – A great project takes great planning. Service Project Planners give you the tools to serve global causes right in your local community.
- A global Foundation that magnifies your service impact – Lions are supported by a world-class global foundation—Lions Clubs International Foundation. LCIF provides grant funding that helps Lions take on bigger projects that can bring lasting change. And when you contribute to LCIF and Campaign 100, you help ensure LCIF can continue supporting our efforts to serve a world in need.
- Being a part of something big – Lions are a big family. A really big family. We are 1.4 million men and women in 48,000 clubs in nearly every country on earth. We are changing our communities, club by club. And together we are changing the world.
- Tech made just for Lions – Lions are always on the go. That’s why we developed Lions digital tools like MyLion, MyLCI and Connect to make it easier to be a Lion and manage your club. Your Lion Account gives you access to it all, so get signed up today.
- You get when you give – Did you know that helping others actually helps you? A recent article in Psychology Today states that, “Research has found many examples of how doing good, in ways big or small, not only feels good, but also does us good.” Volunteering improves our happiness, health and sense of well-being, and decreases symptoms of depression. Giving is a win-win!
- All the great Lions gear – Everyone loves to show their Lion’s pride, and there’s no better way than wearing a Lions International-branded hat, shirt or vest while serving your community. Start shopping!
- That ah-ha moment – Every Lion joins a club, but every member has a story about the moment they truly became a Lion. That day when you helped someone who had nowhere else to turn. The tears of joy. The heartfelt thanks. The hope you restored through your kindness. That’s why we’re Lions.
- An international staff that’s here to serve you – No one serves like a Lion, and Lions International is your team of dedicated professionals that’s here to serve you. We’re here when you need us, and be sure to explore lionsclubs.org for great info and resources to help you and your club.
These are just some of the great benefits of being a Lion. So be sure to take advantage of everything your club and your membership has to offer. And share the joy of being a Lion by inviting a friend or family member to join you in service.
So make the most of each day—and make the most of your membership!
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has impacted communities around the world in different ways. To ensure we’re serving safely wherever we live, Lions should follow the guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control, World Health Organization or local health authorities. Visit our Serving Safely page for resources that can help you safely serve your community.