Since 1917, Lions are there where and when there is a need. Across the globe, challenges are great. Devastation is experienced everywhere, every day, and we continue to witness hardships like these:
- 245 people die each day from measles
- 283 million individuals are blind or visually impaired
- 425 million people live with diabetes
While many say the world’s needs are too great to overcome, more than 1.4 million Lions globally respond with, “We Serve.”
Investing in Our Future
To live the “Kindness Matters” and “We Serve” mottos, Lions must continue to expand Lions Clubs International Foundation’s (LCIF) culture of philanthropy. When Lions and clubs give online or through Facebook fundraising, it strengthens LCIF’s support to fund Lions service throughout the world. An additional way to support LCIF and Campaign 100 is to make a pledge online. It takes just four steps, followed by a quick click, to complete your online pledge:
- Complete the fields related to your pledge; total first payment and date; frequency; and payment method.
- Complete the donor information for recognition and recording purposes.
- Once you review all your information, choose whether you want your pledge to be anonymous and acknowledge consent to sharing your information with LCIF.
- Then scroll down and click on “Submit.” Once you do, you will receive a confirmation email.
Want to see the online pledge form in another language? Simply navigate to the top right of the online pledge form page (above the Campaign 100 logo) and select your preferred language from the dropdown menu.
Lions and LCIF Respond
While many say the world’s needs are too great to overcome, more than 1.4 million Lions globally respond with, “We Serve.” From July 2018 through June 2019, LCIF awarded nearly 800 grants totaling more than US$40 million. Specifically, LCIF has supported Lions with:
- US$15 million in grants toward humanitarian efforts
- US$14 million in vision-related grants to serve those in remote areas of the world
- US$2.3 million to raise diabetes awareness, increase education, and take treatment to areas of the world where the disease is misunderstood and prevalent
Today, Lions and LCIF continue a shared commitment to our world in need through Campaign 100: LCIF Empowering Service. It takes every Lion worldwide both doing and giving to:
- INCREASE service impact in vision, youth, disaster relief, and humanitarian efforts
- FIGHT the global epidemic of diabetes
- EXPAND global causes to childhood cancer, hunger, and the environment
Did You Know?
Your donation makes a difference! Your US$100 gift could provide:
- Measles vaccinations for 100 children
- Immediate relief for four victims of a natural disaster
- Two cataract surgeries
- Lions Quest curriculum to an entire classroom for one year
- Diabetes screenings for 18 at-risk people
- Help to buy equipment to diagnose and treat eight kids
- Regular access to food for 14 in-need people
- Access to clean water for 14 people
Ready to make change happen? Pledge your support today!
100% of your donation helps create brighter, healthier, happier futures for those who need it most. Although those benefitting from your support may never know of your generosity, LCIF is grateful for your support.
Email email@example.com to connect with a LCIF Development specialist who can help you learn more about Campaign 100: LCIF Empowering Service and about making a pledge online.
Bill Hatzos is senior marketing specialist for Lions Clubs International Foundation.