COVID-19 Frontline Relief Grant Update
Constitutional Area I (USA)
Constitutional Area II (Canada)
Constitutional Area III (Latin America)
Constitutional Area IV (Europe)
Constitutional Area V (OSEAL)
Constitutional Area VI (ISAME)
Constitutional Area VII (ANZI)
Constitutional Area VIII (Africa)
LCIF is giving priority consideration to support regions with extreme rates of confirmed COVID-19 cases. The focus will be on addressing those needs that exist within local medical and emergency management systems that are coordinating efforts with the World Health Organization (WHO) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines. Per the Board of Trustees, COVID-19 emergency grant eligibility will end June 30, 2020.
For consideration, applications need to:
- Follow the Emergency (EMR) grant criteria of having at least 100+ people infected (confirmed cases) in the immediate area/district.
- US$10,000 maximum grant amount.
- Funds available only to address active and immediate cases; not future outbreaks. Disaster Preparedness grants are excluded.
- Funds should be used for Lions to work with local medical and emergency management services that are addressing the outbreak. This could be for sourcing medical supplies, quarantine-related expenses, etc. for those infected.
- Funds may not cover personal expenses for those infected or quarantined.
- Another option is to consider Multiple District level grants, as appropriate, for areas with a significant number of cases (5,000+) over several districts.
- All requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
For inquiries on emergency grants please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
LCIF Donations and Campaign 100
Donations for our COVID-19 response are being accepted through LCIF’s General Disaster Fund. Please make a donation to help us in the fight to keep our families and communities safe. All donations to this fund are eligible for Melvin Jones Fellows and Campaign 100. Please be aware acknowledgements and recognition for LCIF donations will be delayed due to COVID-19.
LCIF recognizes and thanks its Campaign 100 International Committee members, area leaders, multiple district coordinators, district coordinators and club coordinators for their dedicated efforts to empower Lions’ service both locally and globally. Our campaign leadership is in the process of evaluating the impact that the COVID-19 crisis is having on Campaign 100. In the weeks to come, we will provide you with more information about how Campaign 100 is adapting to address this unprecedented situation.
Campaign 100’s support of Lions’ service is more important now than ever. LCIF would like to take this opportunity to encourage all those who are working hard in support of Campaign 100 to prioritize health and safety, while remaining connected with your fellow Lions and the LCIF staff supporting you. Thank you for safely communicating the mission and impact of LCIF in your communities.