Young Leaders in Service
The Lions Young
Leaders in Service Awards recognize young people (suggested ages 12-18)
for their community service within a 12-month period:
50 hours of service = Silver Seal Award
100 hours of service = Gold Seal Award
Experience the benefits for youth, the community and your club!
- Experience the rewards of community service
- Achieve significant levels of community involvement
- Receive recognition and awards.
The Community will:
- Improve through young people's service efforts
- Become more aware of service opportunities
- Nurture ongoing service by young people and others.
Your Lions will:
- Build community relationships
- Encourage people to serve the community
- Introduce young people to future service and leadership opportunities
The Lions Young Leaders in Service Awards are sponsored by local Lions clubs. Clubs may recognize as many young people as they find eligible. Here is an overview of the awards program.
The Lions club invites local schools, Leo clubs and other youth groups to participate and distributes program materials.
The Lions award chairman coordinates with school personnel, Leo advisors and adult youth group leaders, who certify young people's service and submit award forms to the Lions club.
The award chairman requests awards from Lions Clubs International.
Lions Clubs International issues a congratulatory letter from the International President and a certificate for each recipient.
- The Lions club arranges for an award presentation for youth recipients.