About Our Web Site
As part of a major branding initiative, Lions ClubsInternational is launching this new English Web site to:
- Tell the Lions' story clearly and dramatically in picturesand words.
- Make it easier to findinformation – and complete tasks – quickly.
- Explain who Lions areand what we do.
- Provide a newsection for Lions to help you do service projects.
Our new Web site has familiarsections, including About Lions, Becoming a Lion, The Foundation and News andEvents. We've also added three new sections, Our Impact, Our Work and theMember Center, to make it easier for all of our Web site visitors to findinformation and complete tasks quickly.
The Our Impact section includesstories, photos and information that show how Lions are making a difference.This section includes three main areas:
- Around theWorld showcases howLions are making an impact across the globe, from the US and Europe to Africaand Australia.
- By theNumbers shows how ourefforts add up – from the 60,000 people in South Africa who receivefood from local Lions, to the7.5 million cataract surgeries performed.
- Lions inAction sharesheart-warming stories about Lions projects. There are also "Tips and Tools" tohelp you conduct new projects. And an option for you to share your stories and photos.
TheOur Work section provides information about what Lions do. It includes generalinformation about our Sight, Youth, Health, International Relations, Communityand Environment programs that is of interest to the public, media and potentialmembers. However, operational information Lions need to planprojects is in another new section of our Web site, the new MemberCenter.
The MemberCenter provides the information Lions need to do service projects andmanage clubs and districts. We've included only operational content inthis section to simplify the Web site for our members – and to make it mucheasier to find information Lions need to run a club or district.
Lions told usthat one of their biggest concerns was being able to find the information theyneed easily. That's why our new Web site features several new ways to help youcomplete tasks and find information.
- TacticalNavigation: The top ofevery Web page has navigation you can use to complete common tasks fast. Thisnavigation includes Text Only and Language options, as well as links to helpyou Find a Club, Shop the Lions Store, Submit Reports, Contact headquarters andDonate to LCIF.
- Left-HandNavigation: Within everysection of our Web site you'll also find dynamic left-hand navigation thatmakes it easy to identify where you are on our Web site. And allows you to see and access all of the topics available in the section of the Web site youare visiting.
- Breadcrumbs: There's also bread-crumbing navigation near the top ofevery Web page that shows the path you took to reach a Web page. And just likeHansel and Gretel, we designed our "bread crumbs" to help you find your wayback to our home page. Or any page you've visited in between.
- How Do I: Most pages on also feature "How do I" navigation to helpyou accomplish tasks related to the content on a Web page. For example,in the News and Events section, you'll see How Do I navigation to help you findLions logos, write a press release, apply for a PRgrant and more.
One of thebest features on our Web site is an improved Google Search Engine thatallows you to locate content quickly. The new search function makes it easy tofind what you're looking for.
To searchfor a topic, just type a word or phrase in the Search box in the upper rightcorner of any Web page and click the blue button. The Search engine willdisplay a list of pages that are related to the word or phrase you entered,with the most relevant pages listed first. For example, typing"logo" in the Search box will display a list of pages that provideaccess to – or information about – official LCI logos.
Our new Web site is a reflection ofthe information gleaned from Lions around the world and our staff in Oak Brook.We met with dozens of Lions and LCI staff members to gather feedback about ourWeb site. We also conducted online surveys and usability tests with members toreorganize our Web site content.
OLEN LION, KOSKA...
”Siistimme puistoja, maalaamme penkit, varmistamme että puisto on kaunis paikkakunnan asukkaille. Se on ehdottoman rakasta tyttärilleni.”
Ty'East Alleyen-Bunn - USA
Lions Clubs International
300 W. 22nd Street, Oak Brook, IL 60523-8842