FAQs About Our Website
FAQs About Our Website
Here are the answers to the most Frequently Asked Questions about the Lions Clubs International website.
- Where do I find the language sites?
- Where can I find my favorite page?
- How can I change my screen resolution?
- How can I read PDF files using Window-Eyes Pro screen reader software?
- How can I print an entire page from the site?
- How can I download PDF files?
- How can I view the slide shows?
- Can I make the font larger when I print a PDF file?
- Why doesn't anything happen when I click a link?
- What is a podcast?
- How do I access LQ podcasts?
- What is RSS?
- How can I send/forward a page to a friend?
- How can I access the Site Map?
Click the globe icon in the upper right corner of the site for a dropdown menu of official language versions of the website.
You can use our enhanced Search function (near the top right corner of all pages) to find information.
Most likely, Window-Eyes Pro is trying to load PDF files in your browser rather than the Adobe Acrobat Reader. According to the software developer, your Windows-Eyes Pro software does not allow that. It's a limitation of the Adobe Acrobat Reader software. In order to read PDF files, you'll need to do the following:
1) Open your Adobe Acrobat Reader software
2) Press Ctrl + K (two keys at the same time) to open a preferences window
3) In the left margin, select Internet
4) Inside the Web Browser Options window, un-check the box marked "Display PDF in browser"
5) Save the changes and exit Adobe Acrobat Reader
6) Go to the Lions website and you should be able to read PDF files
This issue is due to your browser (Internet Explorer/Mozilla) and screen resolution. You can change your browser's page orientation by going to the "File" drop down menu located in the browser tool bar and selecting "Page Setup." Change the orientation from Portrait to Landscape. You can also click the "Printer Friendly" icon near the top of all pages to get a clean version of the page to print.
To download and view a publication, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader, version 7.0 or above. It is available free of charge. Visit the Instructions for Downloading page for a link (in multiple languages). Download instructions for other file formats (EPS, JPEG, TIF, etc.) appear there as well. If you are still having difficulty, try downloading a PDF file from another site. If you experience problems outside of this site, you will need to contact your Internet provider or computer manufacturer's customer service department.
The slide shows use Flash technology, and will work with Flash versions 8.0, 9.0 and 10.0. If you have an earlier version of Flash, you can download the most up-to-date Flash version free-of-charge.
You can't change the PDF file format. However, some PDF files should be printed on paper that is larger than the standard 8.5 x 11 inch paper. To print on larger paper, open the PDF file, select the "File" drop down menu located in the browser tool bar and select "Print." Then select the "Properties" button and a printer tray that contains larger paper (such as legal size). You can also manually feed in a larger paper size.
Why doesn't anything happen when I click on a link?
There are many types of links on our website. Some link to other pages or PDF files within our site, and some link to other websites. First you need to identify what type of link is not working on your computer. If you're having trouble linking to:
- Any PDF files, you probably need to download Adobe Acrobat (see above).
- An external website, the site may be down or the URL may have changed.
A podcast is an audio or video file that is distributed electronically through the Internet to be played on computers (PCs and Macs) and on multimedia players, such as iPods and other MP3 players. Most podcasts, including LQ podcasts, are free of charge.
How do I access LQ podcasts?
You can now download LQ podcasts from the Videos section by clicking on the iTunes button next to the LQ episode you wish to add. This will take you to the iTunes site where you can download the episode directly to your computer, as well as to your portable player. Download iTunes software free of charge from the Apple website. Click the Subscribe button on the iTunes site to automatically receive all future Lions videos as they are added. By subscribing, future editions of these podcasts will automatically be downloaded to your computer and available for you to view.
What is RSS?
RSS is a Web feed format used for distributing information. Using RSS reader software, such as Firefox or SharpReader, enables you to click an RSS button to have information, including future editions of LQ, automatically downloaded to your computer as it becomes available.
How can I send/forward a page to a friend?
Use the "Site Map" link near the lower right corner of every Web page.