How to Apply
Apply for the Youth Camp and Exchange Program
The Lions Youth Camp and Exchange Program brings the ideal of global citizenship to life. Unlike some youth exchange programs, the Lions program does not involve academic studies or employment. Instead, the Lions Youth Camp and Exchange Program provides young people with a unique opportunity to participate in everyday life in another culture.
All participants in a Lions Youth Camp or Exchange must:
- Be between the ages of 15 and 22
- Have a basic knowledge of the language of the host country
- Be ready to represent your community, country and the sponsoring Lions club
- Welcome the opportunity to explore and accept the customs of another culture
- Provide proof of insurance (health, medical, travel) and a liability release agreement
- Be sponsored by a Lions club
How to Apply
To apply for a camp program, including host family stay:
2. Contact your local Lions club to obtain the required signatures.
3. After signatures are obtained, the Lions club will forward the application to the district Youth Camp and Exchange chairperson.
Applicants selected to attend will receive a confirmation letter and information packet.
Exchange Program Only
To apply for a host family stay (no camp attendance):
1. Contact your local Lions club for sponsorship.
2. Complete an application.
3. Once sponsorship and signatures are obtained, the application will be forwarded to potential host Lions to confirm your exchange.
Lions Clubs International
300 W. 22nd Street, Oak Brook, IL 60523-8842