The Lions Youth Camp and Exchange Program brings the ideal of global citizenship to life. Unlike some youth exchange programs, the Lions program does not involve academic studies or employment. Instead, the Lions Youth Camp and Exchange Program provides young people with a unique opportunity to participate in everyday life in another culture.
All participants in a Lions Youth Camp or Exchange must:
To request sponsorship, contact your local Lions club or a district Youth Camp and Exchange chairperson listed in the Youth Camp and Exchange Directory.
To apply for a camp program, including host family stay:
1. Contact the camp director listed in the Youth Camp and Exchange Directory for more information and additional eligibility requirements. Then complete an application.
2. Contact your local Lions club to obtain the required signatures.
3. After signatures are obtained, the Lions club will forward the application to the district Youth Camp and Exchange chairperson.
Applicants selected to attend will receive a confirmation letter and information packet.
Exchange Program Only
To apply for a host family stay (no camp attendance):
1. Contact your local Lions club for sponsorship.
2. Complete an application.
3. Once sponsorship and signatures are obtained, the application will be forwarded to potential host Lions to confirm your exchange.