Services for the Blind
Through corneal donation, eyeglass recycling, strategic partnerships and vision screenings for the public, Lions are illuminating the world for millions of people who are at risk of vision loss. To service those that have already lost – or never had – the ability to see, Lions services for the blind may include:
- Supporting guide dog schools
- Providing scholarships for blind students
- Supporting vocational training programs
- Facilitating self-help groups for the blind/visually impaired
- Furnishing talking books, Braille books, or large print books for a public library
- Supporting recreational activities and Lions camps for individuals who are blind or who have severe vision loss.
- Providing devices such as white canes, braillers or computers
- Funding eye research
Our sight services also focus on causes of preventable blindness. We're fighting:
- Age-related macular degeneration
- Diabetic eye disease
- Corneal blindness
- River Blindness (onchocerciasis) and Trachoma
Learn how you can join the battle and help Lions near you provide services for the blind and visually impaired.
How Do I ...
Lions Clubs International
300 W. 22nd Street, Oak Brook, IL 60523-8842