Services for the Blind
Through corneal donation, eyeglass recycling, strategic partnerships and vision screenings for the public, Lions are illuminating the world for millions of people who are at risk of vision loss. To service those that have already lost – or never had – the ability to see, Lions services for the blind may include:
- Supporting guide dog schools
- Providing scholarships for blind students
- Supporting vocational training programs
- Facilitating self-help groups for the blind/visually impaired
- Furnishing talking books, Braille books, or large print books for a public library
- Supporting recreational activities and Lions camps for the blind/visually impaired
- Providing devices such as white canes, braillers or computers
- Funding eye research
Our sight services also focus on causes of preventable blindness. We're fighting:
- Age-related macular degeneration
- Diabetic eye disease
- Corneal blindness
- River Blindness (onchocerciasis) and Trachoma
Learn how you can join the battle and help Lions near you provide services for the blind and visually impaired.
BY THE NUMBERS
Ten million Ethiopians at risk of trachoma received doses of the sight-saving drug azithromycin during a week-long distribution program supported by LCIF, Lions of Ethiopia, the Ethiopian government, Pfizer Inc., The Carter Center and other organizations.
How Do I ...
Lions Clubs International
300 W. 22nd Street, Oak Brook, IL 60523-8842