About Our Web Site
As part of a major branding initiative, Lions Clubs International is launching this new English Web site to:
- Tell the Lions' story clearly and dramatically in pictures and words.
- Make it easier to find information – and complete tasks – quickly.
- Explain who Lions are and what we do.
- Provide a new section for Lions to help you do service projects.
Our new Web site has familiar sections, including About Lions, Becoming a Lion, The Foundation and News and Events. We've also added three new sections, Our Impact, Our Work and the Member Center, to make it easier for all of our Web site visitors to find information and complete tasks quickly.
The Our Impact section includes stories, photos and information that show how Lions are making a difference. This section includes three main areas:
- Around the World showcases how Lions are making an impact across the globe, from the US and Europe to Africa and Australia.
- By the Numbers shows how our efforts add up – from the 60,000 people in South Africa who receive food from local Lions, to the 7.5 million cataract surgeries performed.
- Lions in Action shares heart-warming stories about Lions projects. There are also "Tips and Tools" to help you conduct new projects. And an option for you to share your stories and photos.
The Our Work section provides information about what Lions do. It includes general information about our Sight, Youth, Health, International Relations, Community and Environment programs that is of interest to the public, media and potential members. However, operational information Lions need to plan projects is in another new section of our Web site, the new Member Center.
The Member Center provides the information Lions need to do service projects and manage clubs and districts. We've included only operational content in this section to simplify the Web site for our members – and to make it much easier to find information Lions need to run a club or district.
Lions told us that one of their biggest concerns was being able to find the information they need easily. That's why our new Web site features several new ways to help you complete tasks and find information.
- Tactical Navigation: The top of every Web page has navigation you can use to complete common tasks fast. This navigation includes Text Only and Language options, as well as links to help you Find a Club, Shop the Lions Store, Submit Reports, Contact headquarters and Donate to LCIF.
- Left-Hand Navigation: Within every section of our Web site you'll also find dynamic left-hand navigation that makes it easy to identify where you are on our Web site. And allows you to see and access all of the topics available in the section of the Web site you are visiting.
- Breadcrumbs: There's also bread-crumbing navigation near the top of every Web page that shows the path you took to reach a Web page. And just like Hansel and Gretel, we designed our "bread crumbs" to help you find your way back to our home page. Or any page you've visited in between.
- How Do I: Most pages on also feature "How do I" navigation to help you accomplish tasks related to the content on a Web page. For example, in the News and Events section, you'll see How Do I navigation to help you find Lions logos, write a press release, apply for a PR grant and more.
One of the best features on our Web site is an improved Google Search Engine that allows you to locate content quickly. The new search function makes it easy to find what you're looking for.
To search for a topic, just type a word or phrase in the Search box in the upper right corner of any Web page and click the blue button. The Search engine will display a list of pages that are related to the word or phrase you entered, with the most relevant pages listed first. For example, typing "logo" in the Search box will display a list of pages that provide access to – or information about – official LCI logos.
Our new Web site is a reflection of the information gleaned from Lions around the world and our staff in Oak Brook. We met with dozens of Lions and LCI staff members to gather feedback about our Web site. We also conducted online surveys and usability tests with members to reorganize our Web site content.
A PICTURE OF PEACE
I'M A LION BECAUSE ...
Lions Clubs International
300 W. 22nd Street, Oak Brook, IL 60523-8842