Logos and Art Download Instructions
Logos may be downloaded in several different formats. Depending on the settings for your browser, you may not be able to open certain image types. To directly download an image to your local PC, place your mouse on the word download associated with the logo and click on the RIGHT mouse button and choose SAVE TARGET AS. Then simply navigate to the location on your local machine where you want to save the image and save the image. However, please note that because of space limitations, downloading times and other technical issues, it is impossible to offer logos in the variety of formats and sizes to meet all requests.
- The EPS file format is the sharpest file format available and stays clean when resized. EPS requires software such as Adobe Illustrator or Macromedia Freehand. If using EPS based software with plans to resize the image, EPS is the recommended method of download. This format works well for large items such as banners and posters. Please note that on some PCs when you attempt to download the image, the file extension may drop off the letter "e" from eps. Make sure when you download the an eps image on a PC that the file extension has a .eps extension.
- The GIF file format is used extensively for World Wide Web graphics because it is a compressed file and doesn't take as long to download. The GIF images on the Lions Web site all have transparent backgrounds so that they can easily be added to documents or Powerpoint presentations. GIF files are a "lossless" format that is ideal for graphics and will not degrade in quality after resaving.
- The TIF file format is the most common file format that will not lose quality after resaving. The TIF file format works well with page layout software such as Quark XPress, Adobe Pagemaker and Corel Draw.
Instructions for Downloading Graphic Files
1. Click on EPS (or GIF or TIF, depending on which format you want).
2. A window titled "File Download" will appear prompting you to either "Run this Program from its Current Location" or "Save Program to Disk." Check "Save Program to Disk" and click "OK."
3. A window titled "Save As" will appear. In the "Save In" field, choose where you would want to save this file. Please note location of saved file for reference in Step 5. In the "File Name" field, an automatic file name will appear. If desired, another name may be entered. Choose "Save."
4. A window titled "Download Complete" will appear. Choose "Open."
5. Once the logo has been saved in the folder that was chosen in Step 3, open the file using the program that you normally use to access files of that particular type. (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.). Simply go to "File" and "Open" and navigate to the location you chose during Step 3.
Lions Clubs International
300 W. 22nd Street, Oak Brook, IL 60523-8842