Sponsor Lions clubs work with their Lions Youth Camp and Exchange chairperson to ensure program success. The responsibilities of the sponsor Lions club are to:
- Recruit and select qualified participants and send applications to the YCE chairperson (where available).
- Conduct orientation sessions for participants (YCE chairperson may assist).
- Explain government regulations concerning passports, visas, immunizations and customs regulations.
- Assist with travel arrangements.
- Provide assistance with or provide financing for travel costs. (This includes actual fares, insurance, airport service fees, customs duties, and any layover or overnight costs en route.)
- Maintain communications between the participant, host Lions club, host family and YCE chairperson.
- Ensure that Lions International Youth Camp and Exchange Program policies are followed.
- Provide proof of the participant's insurance and a signed liability release agreement to the host Lions club.
Costs and Travel Arrangements
Travel arrangements for participants are usually made between the Lions youth camp and exchange chairpersons in the sponsor and host countries. Details are passed to sponsor/host Lions clubs and participants.
Financial arrangements for transportation costs (including actual fares, insurance, airport fees, customs duties, and layover or overnight fees) are the responsibility of the sponsor Lions club. Some camps require a camp fee. Costs may be paid by the sponsor Lions club, by the participant, the participant's family, or a combination of these sources. If you will need to raise funds, ask your sponsor Lions club for an acceptance letter and other materials that will help you explain the program to donors.
Arrangements for food and lodging are covered by the host Lions club, during and exchange.
Participants are responsible for personal expenses (approximately US$75 per week) such as phone calls home, souvenirs, etc.
Reading Action Program
Join President Madden's campaign to increase literacy »
Lions Clubs International
300 W. 22nd Street, Oak Brook, IL 60523-8842