Funding for Youth Exchanges
Sponsor clubs can raise funds for this purpose, districts can allocate money to fund exchange participants, or the participant can raise funds or finance the costs of their exchange. If the participant needs to raise funds, they may need an official letter of acceptance, official form, official thank you or other informational materials from the sponsor Lions club. This will assist the participant when approaching donors.
Funding for Camps
The finance committee establishes the camp budget. Methods of raising funds include contributions from clubs, contributions or gifts-in-kind from local businesses, and designated fundraisers.
According to Board Policy costs related to a youth camp will vary according to the program planned, travel involved, campsite selected and other factors, but should be kept to a reasonable minimum. Methods of financing international youth camps may include:
- Voluntary contribution by each club in the host district.
- Assessment of each club in the district or multiple district by action of the district or multiple district convention.
- Distribution of expenses among several cooperating clubs.
- Voluntary contributions from benefactors.
- Reasonable fees for special cultural and educational activities that are part of the camp experience.
Reading Action Program
Join President Madden's campaign to increase literacy »
Lions Clubs International
300 W. 22nd Street, Oak Brook, IL 60523-8842