Leo Club Advisor Resources
Leo club advisors around the world contribute to the success of the Leo Club Program. The role of the Leo club advisor is different for each track. The Leo club advisor assumes many responsibilities and there are many resources available to you.
Leo club advisors guide Leos to develop effective community service projects and help increase confidence and leadership abilities. You will also:
- Mentor Leo clubs and help them attain their goals.
- Motivate Leos to perform service activities.
- Counsel the club and help them arrive at their own decisions
- Liaison between the Leo club and sponsoring Lions club - ensures a successful Leo/Lion relationship.
- Humanitarian, helps Leos understand the compassionate aspect of community service.
Alpha Leo club advisors accept a more active role in guiding young Leos to plan effective meetings and successful service projects.
Omega Leo club advisors will serve mainly as a liaison between the Leo club and the sponsoring Lions club.
- Oversee Leo club development.
- Promote Leo club activities to local media and distribute event flyers in the community.
- Attend each Leo club and board of directors meeting.
- Hold monthly meetings with representatives from both the Leo and sponsoring Lions club to review the actions of the Leo club and its board of directors. If arranging this meeting is difficult, Leos can submit copies of their meeting minutes to the sponsoring Lions club for review.
- Recognize Leos for their achievements.
- Ensures new members receive their Leo New Member Kit.
- Encourage graduating Leos to become Lions.
- Alpha Leo Club Program Handbook or Omega Leo Club Program Handbook
- Standard Leo Club Constitution and Bylaws
- Leo Club Completion of Service – Lions clubs can present this certificate to Leos in good standing who leave the club. If invited to join a Lions club in the future, the certificate may be used by the former Leo to waive the US$25 international entrance fee or the US$30 charter fee assessed when a former Leo joins a newly formed Lions club. To receive this certificate, submit the Leo Completion of Service Requisition Form to the Youth Programs Department.
- The Leo Years of Service Transfer Program allows Leos to include years of service on their Lions record. This encourages young people to continue serving their communities as Lions. If you would like LCI to help you find a Lions club in your area, complete the Leo to Lion Transfer form.
- News contains important and current information about the Leo Club Program
- Resources contains many Leo forms and publications
- PR Tools provide a variety of valuable member communication tools and information.
In order for a new Leo member to receive their new member kit, the sponsoring Lions club must pay an entrance fee of US$5 for each Leo club new member. Please contact the Youth Programs Department to order a new member kit. The kit includes:
- Lapel Pin
- Membership card
- Membership certificate
- Member guide
- Leo decal
Reading Action Program
Join President Madden's campaign to increase literacy »
Lions Clubs International
300 W. 22nd Street, Oak Brook, IL 60523-8842