The Leo club advisor serves as a:
- Mentor, helping Leo clubs achieve their goals.
- Motivator, encouraging Leos to perform service activities.
- Counselor, providing guidance to Leos.
- Liaison between the Leo club and sponsoring Lions club, ensuring a healthy Leo/Lion relationship.
- Humanitarian, helping Leos understand the compassionate aspect of community service.
Alpha Leo club advisors accept an active role in guiding the individual and social development of Leos between the ages of 12 and 18.
Omega Leo club advisors take on the role of liaison between the Leo club and sponsoring Lions club and also support the personal and professional development of Leos between the ages of 18 and 30.
- Oversee the initiation and ongoing development of the Leo club.
- Promote Leo club activities.
- Attend each Leo club and board of directors' meeting.
- Hold regular meetings with representatives from both the Leo and sponsoring Lions club to review the actions of the Leo club and its board of directors.
- Ensure new Leos receive new member materials.
- Recognize Leos for their achievements.
- Encourage graduating Leos to become Lions.
Ordering Leo Club Materials and Supplies
The Youth Programs Department accepts orders for the materials and publications listed on the Leo Club Program Publications Order Form (Leo-4). All other items, including Leo new member kits, are available for purchase through the Lions Clubs International online store. Leo membership cards, certificates, and new member guides are also available for download through MyLCI.