Implementing the following actions in addressing conflicts will further help to resolve any conflicts that may arise.
- Define the problem – State the problem in writing. Be sure the problem has been defined and is not just a symptom of the problem.
- Uncover the facts – Request input from both sides of the problem. Obtain data from outside sources, too.
- Organize the facts – This step is required when complex issues are involved.
- Determine solutions – Consider various possible solutions while searching for the best solution.
- Realize the consequences – Before deciding on a solution, consider the possible consequences of each solution.
- Act on the solution – At this time, establish how you will know that the problem has been solved.
- Evaluate your solution – Officers should oversee the process to verify that the solution has been achieved.