Sight and Hearing
Role of the Chairperson
The district chairperson for Hearing Preservation, Awareness and Action Program is appointed by the district governor; and the multiple district chairperson is appointed by the council chairperson. The chairperson provides motivation and support to encourage participation in hearing projects. Chairperson responsibilities include:
- Setting goals. Evaluate the effectiveness of current hearing projects. Develop goals and a plan with procedures required to fulfill the plan. Upon the district governor’s or council chairperson’s approval, post and promote the plan via the Website, an open letter in the newsletter, emails and personal letters, social media, telephone calls, or personal visits.
- Incorporating new project ideas contributed by clubs. Generate participation through new projects and activities, while also enhancing the existing local, district or multiple district programs. Work with local health care professionals and organizations to determine community needs and provide the most appropriate services.
- Arranging seminars and workshops to provide educational resources and information about hearing loss and its prevention, and assisting individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing. Invite health care professionals as speakers to help motivate clubs to participate in hearing projects.
- Informing clubs about:
- district and multiple district hearing resources available for serving the needs of children and adults;
- special days and events;
- special campaigns or opportunities to emphasize hearing;
- resources accessible from Lions Clubs International.
- Reporting hearing activities to the multiple district council or district cabinet and to the local media through collaborations with the public relations chairperson.
Resources For You
Award for Chairpersons
On behalf of the Association, the council chairperson and district governor may present an award to the multiple district or district chairperson who has shown outstanding leadership in furthering the Hearing Preservation, Awareness and Action Program by meeting the multiple district or district award criteria, respectively.
For More Information
Contact the Health & Children’s Services Department at email@example.com