Lions Services for Children Symposium Program
How the Children's Symposium Program Works
The Lions Services for Children Symposium Program provides limited funding reimbursement for the organization of a district or multiple district symposium or conference that promotes activities supportive of Lions’ health and education services for children in need.
A Children’s Symposium is an effective way for Lions to:
- develop collaborative relationships with governmental agencies, health care organizations, educators and others who are serving underprivileged children.
- determine the types of services that are needed
- determine various ways to get involved
- implement new Lions projects
- provide assistance to local programs currently in place
Application and Resources for Lions Services for Children Symposium Program:
- A district or multiple district may apply by submitting the "Lions Services for Children Symposium Application" (LSC-9).
- Refer to the Guidelines for the Lions Services for Children Symposium Program
- Applicants must comply with the General Reimbursement Policy for the program.
- Final Report Form and Expense Claim Form are required. Refer to the General Reimbursement Policy for details
Sample topics include:
- Literacy and Education: Tools and Resources to Improve Literacy
- Diabetes Needs: Insulin, Medicine, Food Security, Recreational Camps and Diabetes Management Education
- Street Children: Health, Education and Safety
- Vision, Hearing and Other Health Needs
- Assistance in Coping with Disabilities
- Obesity in Children and Youth
Focus on Children's Literacy
The Reading Action Program focuses on increasing literacy and providing greater access to learning resources. You may wish to plan a children's symposium in your district or multiple district to address the specific needs related to illiteracy and to underscore the importance of reading in your area.
The Lions Services for Children chairperson can play an important role in helping to organize and coordinate a children's symposium. He or she can work with a team of district or multiple district chairpersons, including the Public Relations, International Relations, Diabetes, Sight, Hearing, and Leo chairpersons.
To help alleviate costs, Lions Clubs International provides expense assistance (reimbursement) for:
- one (1) symposium per constitutional area and the Continent of Africa, per fiscal year.
- approved symposium expenses incurred, up to US$2,000 per symposium.
Applications for funding reimbursement are approved on a first-come, first-served basis.
For More Information
Please contact Health and Children's Services at Lions Clubs International.
Lions Clubs International
300 W. 22nd Street, Oak Brook, IL 60523-8842