Lions Children First
The Lions Children First program can provide your club with resources to develop hands-on service projects for children in need, with a focus on three key areas: food and shelter; health; and education/literacy.
Children need Lions more than ever. You can make life better for a child who is in need of food, shelter, health care and/or educational assistance.
Tools and Resources
The Lions Children First Program Kit (KITCF) includes materials and resources to implement successful Lions Children First projects in your community. Use the Materials Order Form to place your order.
Lions Children First Program Kit (KITCF):
- Materials Order Form (iad251)
- Activity Guide (iad252)
- Program Brochure (iad253)
- Community Poster features photo of small girl at mealtime (iad254A)
- Community Poster depicts child in need of shoes and clothing (iad254B)
- Certificate of Appreciation (iad255)
- Sample News Release (iad256)
- 25 Project Ideas to Serve Children (iad257)
Lions Children First Project Idea Sheets:
- Organize a Food Drive to Alleviate Hunger (iad258)
- Organize a Children’s Clothing Drive (iad259)
- Collect Suitcases for Foster Care Children (iad260)
- Organize a Hearing Screening for Preschool and School Age Children (iad261)
Plan Your Service Around Special Events and Campaigns
Lions Global Service Action Campaigns
- Engaging Our Youth (August)
- Sharing The Vision (October)
- Relieving The Hunger (December/January)
- Protecting Our Environment (April)
Service Day Opportunities for Children's Projects
Your club or district may wish to develop a large-scale project for underserved children. Learn more about the various types of Lions Clubs International Foundation (LCIF) grants.
Share Your Successes
Use the on-line Lions Club Services Activity Report to tell us about your club’s Lions Children First project. Sharing your story can help fellow Lions to learn from your experiences and encourage them to get involved with hands-on service projects for children.
For More Information
Please contact Health and Children's Services at Lions Clubs International.
Lions Clubs International
300 W. 22nd Street, Oak Brook, IL 60523-8842