Lions Children First
The Lions Children First program can provide your club with resources to develop hands-on service projects for children in need, with a focus on three key areas: food and shelter; health; and education/literacy.
Children need today’s Lions more than ever. You can make life better for a child who may be in need of food, shelter, health care and/or educational assistance.
- Your food or clothing drive reduces the time children are hungry or cold
- Your visit to children at a hospital lessens their time to think about illness
- Your vision or hearing screening project helps children to see, read and learn
Tools and Resources
The Lions Children First Program Kit (KITCF) includes materials and resources to implement successful Lions Children First projects in your community. For more information, or to place an order, contact us.
Lions Children First Program Kit (KITCF):
- Materials Order Form (IAD 251)
- Activity Guide (IAD 252)
- Program Brochure (IAD 253)
- Community Poster features photo of small girl at mealtime (IAD 254A)
- Community Poster depicts child in need of shoes and clothing (IAD 254B)
- Certificate of Appreciation (IAD 255)
- Sample News Release (IAD 256)
- 25 Project Ideas to Serve Children (IAD 257)
Lions Children First Project Idea Sheets:
- Organize a Food Drive to Alleviate Hunger (IAD 258)
- Organize a Children’s Clothing Drive (IAD 259)
- Collect Suitcases for Foster Care Children (IAD 260)
- Organize a Hearing Screening for Preschool and School Age Children (IAD 261)
Lions Global Service Action Campaigns
Join with Lions around the world to participate in the Global Service Action Campaigns:
- Reading Action Program
- Engaging Our Youth (August)
- Sharing The Vision (October)
- Relieving The Hunger (December/January)
- Protecting Our Environment (April)
Service Day for Children’s Projects
Your club or district may wish to develop a large-scale project for underserved children. Learn more about the various types of Lions Clubs International Foundation grants.
Share Your Successes
Use the on-line Lions Club Services Activity Report to tell us about your club’s Lions Children First project. Sharing your story can help fellow Lions to learn from your experiences and encourage them to get involved with hands-on service projects for children.
Lions Clubs International
300 W. 22nd Street, Oak Brook, IL 60523-8842