Relieving the Hunger
"Relieving the Hunger" Global Service Action Campaign
Today, there are more than one billion people who do not have enough to eat. One person out of six lives in a state of chronic hunger. Lions have an opportunity to show the strength of our worldwide network during a special service action campaign, "Relieving the Hunger."
During December and January, we invite you and your club to join Lions around the world to help relieve hunger.
- Organize projects that mobilize your club members to make a difference in your community – by helping those who don't have enough to eat.
- Visit The Global FoodBanking Network or Feeding America for volunteer opportunities near you. Access the recorded webinars which featured experts from these two partner organizations. If your local food bank does not have volunteer opportunities available, you may wish to consider other service projects such as preparing and delivering food baskets to families in need or planting a community vegetable garden.
- View the 2013 report, “Healthy People Depend on Healthy Food Systems,” prepared by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN (FAO)
Use the following resources to plan and promote your "Relieving the Hunger" Global Service Action Campaign project.
- Call to Action Flyer: Get an overview of the "Relieving the Hunger" Global Service Action Campaign – and ideas to jumpstart your project.
- Planning Guide: Use this step-by-step guide to organize your very own "Relieving the Hunger" project.
- Project Ideas: Review ideas you and your club can use to participate in the campaign.
- Food Drive Project Sheet: Use this project sheet to organize a food drive to alleviate hunger.
- News Release: Send a news release to local media to help publicize your "Relieving the Hunger" project.
For More Information
To learn how your club can participate in the "Relieving the Hunger" Global Service Action Campaign, contact us today.
Reading Action Program
Join President Madden's campaign to increase literacy »
Lions Clubs International
300 W. 22nd Street, Oak Brook, IL 60523-8842