Family and Friends Month
Lions Family and Friends Month in April!
Invite family and friends to learn, serve and celebrate with your Lions club in April. Organize a service project, plan an open house or host a lunch or picnic—you decide how to introduce your family and friends to the club you love!
Here are some great ways to make your Family and Friends Month a success:
- Participate in the Lions World Lunch Relay. The 24-hour international lunch relay event on April 4th was a huge success! If your club was unable to participate on April 4th, you can still register and plan a lunch for another date. Click to learn more!
- Plan an Open House. Invite family and friends to learn more about your club and the difference you are making in the community.
- Go Green in Your Community. Plan an April service project to showcase the Protecting Our Environment campaign so everyone can feel the satisfaction of improving the community. Consider planting trees, recycling or cleaning up a park for your campaign.
- Share the Gift of Literacy. Organize a fundraiser or service project that promotes the power of reading to children in your community. Learn more about the LCI Reading Action Program and find literacy project ideas and resources for your club.
- Sponsor a Leo club. April is also Leo Awareness Month, so it’s a great time for your club to get involved and support youth development in your community. Learn more about the Leo Club Program in the Leo Zone.
- Host a Picnic or Barbecue. Celebrate with family and friends after your successful service project or fundraiser.
Family Members Receive a Special Membership Discount
Encourage family members to join your club! They’ll receive a special discount on membership dues when they join the same club through our Family Membership Program.
Download the Family and Friends Month Flyer, and get the word out about your Lion club. Share the day, share the fun and share the dream of serving with family and friends in April!
Family and Friends Month Resources: