Lions Clubs International has developed a wide array of club and community resources for Lions who want to get involved with diabetes projects. All diabetes publications can be downloaded from the website or ordered from Health and Children’s Services Department for a nominal cost. See the diabetes materials order form for details.
The Diabetes Awareness and Action program brochure is an informational handout for Lions that encourages them to join the fight against diabetes. It provides a brief overview of diabetes and various ways Lions can help make a difference in their communities. It is an ideal handout at club or district meetings and Lions conventions.
25 Project ideas for Diabetes Awareness and Action
This popular two-sided handout can be distributed at Lions meetings and conventions and contains ideas for projects that serve both children and adults.
Visit the Service Activities Webinars page to accesss webinars on diabetes and other service activities, including:
- Lions, Get Ready for World Diabetes Day
- How To Get Involved in Your Local Diabetes Camp
- Lions, Let's Get Ready for Diabetes Alert Day
For Community Education
Numerous materials and resources are available to Lions for community distribution. All can be downloaded and locally printed or ordered for a nominal cost:
- Two attractive, colorful bookmarks:
Diabetes Bookmark – Information theme
Diabetes Bookmark – “Help Someone” theme
- Lions Eye Health Program (LEHP)
The Lions Eye Health Program (LEHP), a community based education program, provides you with co-branded materials perfect for use at your community health fairs, screenings, Strides Events and more.
- Publications: co-branded with the LCI partners (USA)
It’s Not Too Late to Prevent Diabetes (iad312)
Tips to Help You Stay Healthy (iad311)
Tip Sheet: Be Sweet to Your Feet (iad321)
Tips for Teens: Be Active (iad309)
Tips for Teens: What is Diabetes (iad313)
Tips for Teens: Stay at a Healthy Weight (iad310)
Tips for Teens: Dealing With the Ups & Downs of Diabetes (iad308)
Healthy Vision Starts with a Dilated Eye Exam (iad448)
- DVDs co-branded with professional diabetes organizations. See suggested tips for hosting a presentation in your community. Use the Diabetes Materials Order Form to order these and other resources.
- Diabetic Retinopathy, English (iad521)
- Type 1 Diabetes: Caring with Confidence, English (iad520)
This DVD contains two bonus videos, English and Spanish:
Protect Your Vision: The Dilated Eye Exam
The Links to Chronic Kidney Disease: Diabetes, High Blood Pressure and Family History
- Educational Diabetes DVDs Information Sheet (iad522)
More Information and Resources
The IDF Country Diabetes Association Links (IAD 487) provides information about locating the diabetes association in your country. Additional materials and resources are available from LCI diabetes partners. Or, contact the Health and Children’s Services Department at email@example.com.
Lions Clubs International
300 W. 22nd Street, Oak Brook, IL 60523-8842