Diabetes communications are focused on increasing the success of Lions involved with diabetes projects and activities. Communications include the Diabetes Awareness newsletter, diabetes chairperson information, webinars, success stories shared by Lions and diabetes award information.
Diabetes Awareness Newsletter
This online newsletter provides information about Lions successful service projects, new resources, upcoming events, helpful links to LCI diabetes partners and more. You can access current and archived issues.
Diabetes Chairperson Information
Chairpersons serve key roles in helping you effectively organize diabetes projects and activities. They are appointed at the club, district and multiple district levels. Learn more about the role of the diabetes chairperson.
Webinars provide you with opportunities to hear from partner representatives, experienced Lions, health care professionals, LCI staff and others regarding specific topics of interest.
- Access the May 22, 2013 webinar: Lions, Get Ready for World Diabetes Day! You may access via Windows Media Player or Vimeo.
- Access the February 6, 2013 webinar: Lions, Let's Get Ready for Diabetes Alert Day!
- Access the webinar archive recording: How to Get Involved in Your Local Diabetes Camp.
Diabetes Success Stories
Several awards are available for honoring chairpersons and clubs involved with diabetes projects during each fiscal year. For more information about award criteria, contact Health and Children’s Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Multiple District Diabetes Awareness and Action Chairperson Award is mailed to each council chairperson. At the end of the year, it is presented to the multiple district chairperson for outstanding leadership and support of diabetes awareness and action projects in the multiple district.
- District Diabetes Awareness Chairperson Award is mailed to each district governor. At the end of the year, it is presented to the district chairperson for outstanding leadership service and support of diabetes awareness and action projects in the district.
- New Horizons Award in Diabetes Education is mailed to each district governor. At the end of the year, it is presented to the club in the district that completes the most outstanding work in the area of diabetes education within the community.
- Strides Banner Patch Award is awarded to a club or district who has met the criteria for sponsoring a Strides event. Complete the award application and submit to International Headquarters.
Reading Action Program
Join President Madden's campaign to increase literacy »
Lions Clubs International
300 W. 22nd Street, Oak Brook, IL 60523-8842