To implement a Lions Crew at Work project, first:
- Evaluate community needs.
- Partner with local organizations.
- Determine the best project for the community.
- Outline a plan. Include procedures, materials needed, and costs.
- Submit the plan and budget to the Lions club, district, or multiple district for approval.
- Request volunteers – both Lions and non-Lions – to serve on the project committee.
- Obtain legal permits for the project.
- Promote the event in advance.
- Request volunteer manpower and donated materials from throughout
the community. These persons (local government, civic and business
leaders, tradesmen, friends, and neighbors) and companies (local
retailers and corporations) may become project sponsors and/or new club
- The project will provide an opportunity for the entire community to
fulfill the "We Serve" motto as they work together for a common cause.
- Advise all volunteers to wear protective clothing and eyewear for the project.
- Create a large Lions-logo sign for the project.
- Invite the media to witness a Lions Crew at Work project.