Information for Environmental Chairpersons
Organize Environmental Service Projects
Organize environmental service projects in your area by becoming a Lions Clubs environmental chairperson. Motivate clubs to undertake environmental service projects such as community clean-ups, recycling and tree planting.
The district environmental chairperson is appointed by the district governor to provide clubs with the assistance they need to organize environmental service projects in their district.
Environmental Chairperson Responsibilities
- Motivate clubs to undertake hands-on environmental service projects such as community clean-ups, recycling, and tree planting throughout the year
- Inform clubs about available activity planning resources, including the Lions Green Team kit
- Encourage clubs to participate in the “Protecting Our Environment” global service action campaign during the month of April and/or plan activities in celebration of Earth Day (April 22) and UN Environment Day (June 5).
- Promote club/district participation in the Lions Environmental Photo Contest
- Encourage Lions to consider the environmental effects of their personal and club actions
- Apprise Lions of any imminent environmental crisis within the district
- Solicit feedback on how the district can further support clubs in planning environmental service projects
- Keep the governor and the international office informed of district activities
- Present the Lions Green Team Certificate of Appreciation to individual Lions who have played a key role in organizing club or district environmental service projects
- Lions Policy Statement on the Human Environment
- Environmental issues
- Lions Green Team Kit
- Successful Environmental Projects
- Lions Environmental Photo Contest
District governors are encouraged to present qualified chairpersons with the District Environment Chairperson Award (provided by International Headquarters) in recognition of their outstanding leadership and contributions.
Reading Action Program
Join President Madden's campaign to increase literacy »
Lions Clubs International
300 W. 22nd Street, Oak Brook, IL 60523-8842