Dance projects suggestions:
- Organize a local dance recital. The dancers could be students or local professionals.
- Invite recognized dance troupes to your community.
- Sponsor a trip to a professional dance event for student dancers.
- Arrange a dance contest for dancers of all ages. Present prizes to the best dancers in different age categories.
- Sponsor a formal dance for the elderly.
- Arrange a concert of modern or classical music.
- Provide encouragement and financial support for local music groups, including bands, orchestras, choirs, vocalists, etc.
- Work with local schools to provide musical instruments for student use. Help the school maintain the instruments.
- Purchase new sheet music for school music programs.
Theater project suggestions:
- Support community theater.
- Organize a drama festival among local theater troupes or schools.
- Organize a talent show.
- Arrange public theater performances for children, for example mimes, puppet shows, etc.
- Donate time and talents to aid local theater troupes build scenery, props, costumes, lighting, sound systems, etc.
- Volunteer to serve as ushers for local theater events.
Reading Action Program
Join President Madden's campaign to increase literacy »
Lions Clubs International
300 W. 22nd Street, Oak Brook, IL 60523-8842
Custom web development, hosting and implementation provided by Alkon Consulting