Community and Cultural Activity Award Criteria
Lions Clubs Community and Cultural Activity Award
This annual award recognizes one club within a district that has been most active in organizing successful community cultural activities.
Eligibility and Selection
All clubs within a district are eligible to participate. Each district governor shall present the award on behalf of Lions Clubs International to one Lions club within the district annually. The recipient club shall be named by the district governor in consultation with the District Cultural and Community Activities Chairman and, as deemed appropriate, other Lions appointed by the governor to a judging panel.
An appropriate award shall be provided annually to district governors for presentation to the Lions club that has been most outstanding within the district in completing community and cultural activities during the year.
Lions clubs considered for this award shall be judged for the success in organizing community and cultural activities according to the following criteria:
- Service to others: A Lions club's cultural and community activities shall be developed, organized and implemented to provide benefit to people in terms of knowledge, attitudes, values, skills, or mutual understanding and cooperation.
- Involvement: A Lions club's cultural and community activities shall be developed, organized and implemented to fulfill the Third Lions Object, "To take an active interest in the civic, cultural, social and moral welfare of the community."
- Originality: This category challenges Lions clubs to develop cultural and community activities that are fresh, new and exciting in ways that will draw community interest and participation of members.
- Outcomes: A Lions club's cultural and community activities shall be developed and organized to improve the quality of life in measurable ways.
- Public Relations: This category challenges Lions clubs to enhance their public image by publicizing their cultural and community activities through the news media and other avenues.
For information about the more than 250 earned awards and recognition for Lions, Lionesses, Leos and non-Lions, please visit our Publications page.
Lions Clubs International
300 W. 22nd Street, Oak Brook, IL 60523-8842