Whether you are an educator with a passion to help a child learn how to read, an entrepreneur ready to help develop a community-based literacy program, an information technology expert who can help introduce new technology to the visually impaired, or someone who simply enjoys reading to a child, no effort is too small to make a big difference. The following are a few project ideas that members of your club and district may consider taking on:
Use the resources below to plan and promote your reading action projects.
- Call to Action Flyer: Get an overview of the Reading Action Program.
- Project Idea Sheet: Refer to this sheet to get ideas for a possible project.
- Planning Guide: Use this step-by-step approach to organize your project.
- Press Release: Send a press release to local media to help publicize your project.
- Service Activity Report: Use the online service activity report to share what your clubs is doing as part of the Reading Action Program.
- Artwork: Download artwork to print your very own bookmarks.
- Diploma: Recognize Lions who serve through the Reading Action Program; or recognize members of the public that have benefitted through the program.
- Webinars: Access recorded webinars featuring LCI partners and more ideas.