Cyber Lions Club
The Internet continues to change the way communities interact and how the world does business. That's why Lions Clubs International now gives you the opportunity to start a Cyber Lions club. Cyber Lions meet online for convenience – or to bridge a distance.
Consider, for example, the Skrea Lionet SE Lions Club of Sweden. With members stretching from Southern Sweden's east coast to its west, the Internet keeps these distant Lions connected. Each month, the Skrea Lions meet in a private Internet chat room to discuss club activities. They also host optional chat sessions each week to ensure ongoing communication.
Carrying out business online helps keep these Lions connected and expedites club administration to help the club get to the business of serving its community quicker.
Cyber Lions Club Benefits
A Cyber Lions club that meets primarily via the Internet and conducts business online offers a number of benefits, including:
- Expedited decision making
- Reduced organizational costs (meetings, mailings and dues)
- Increased meeting attendance
- Greater convenience for members
- Maximized flexibility in scheduling
- Ability to form truly international clubs – with members from around the world – working together to make a difference
A Lions Online Guide is also available to help you start – and manage – your club.
Chartering a Cyber Lions Club
A Lions club that meets solely via the Internet and conducts business online can be chartered just like a traditional club. You will need:
- 20 or more charter members
- A sponsoring club, district cabinet or district committee, region or zone
- The district governor's approval
- Completed charter application
- Appropriate charter fees
For more information about online volunteering and chartering a Cyber Lions club, contact our Membership and New Club Operations Department.
Lions Clubs International
300 W. 22nd Street, Oak Brook, IL 60523-8842