You see a community in need. You remember the faces of people you have impacted through community service. You want give others the opportunity to make a real difference. You know that with Lions, problems get smaller and communities get better. You know that Lions is the world's largest community service club organization.
Start a new Lions club today!
While traditional clubs
top the list of club formats, we know that one size does not fit all.
That's why we offer several new club formats to choose from. Campus clubs and Leo Lions clubs are designed to involve students, graduating Leos and young adults. A club branch can be formed with fewer members.
You may also consider forming a special interest club (educators, medical groups) or cyber club. Both are chartered just like a traditional club.
To charter a new club, you will need:
- 20 or more charter members
- A sponsoring club, zone, region, district cabinet or district committee
- Completed charter application and report of charter members
- Your current district governor's approval
- Appropriate charter fees and certification forms
Club Sponsorship Awards
- Club Sponsor Banner Patch: Clubs that sponsor a new club
receive a commemorative banner patch.
- Club Excellence Award: Sponsoring a new club or club branch goes
towards the qualifications necessary to receive the 2012-13 Club
- District Governor Team Excellence
Award: Chartering a
new club goes towards the qualifications necessary to receive the 2012-13 DG
Team Excellence Award.