Together We Can Grow
Together We Can Grow Contest
Want to be rewarded for growing your club? The Together We Can Grow contest rewards high-performing clubs for exceptional membership growth. Building a strong club takes teamwork and leadership. Your club can do even more when the current and incoming club presidents work together this year to increase club membership. Check out what you can earn for your efforts!
Here’s what your club needs to achieve to win:
- Be the top club in your district with the largest net membership gain (by percentage) between January 1 and July 31, 2014.
- Your club must have at least a 10% membership growth and a five (5) member net gain during the contest period. See complete contests rules below.
Together We Can Grow contest winners will also receive:
- A congratulatory letter and certificate from International President Joe Preston and Immediate Past President Barry Palmer for the current club president and the incoming club president
- A Together We Can Grow banner patch
- Special recognition on the LCI website
Together We Can Grow Contest Rules
- LCI will count new members who join between January 1, 2014 and July 31, 2014, as reflected in LCI’s official records. Reinstated members do not qualify.
- At least a 10% membership growth and a five (5) member net gain are required during the contest period.
- The winning club in each district shall have the highest net membership gain (by percentage) in the district for the contest period, and shall have already submitted to LCI (prior to January 1, 2014) names for the persons of Club President, Secretary and Treasurer.
- To receive the US$250 prize, winning clubs must pay their first membership dues billing for 2014-15 by August 31, 2014.
Earn More Rewards in the Innovative Member Recruiting Contest!
Twenty-four clubs from around the world will be recognized for their creative and effective approaches to adding or inducting new members. The 24 winning clubs will each receive:
- US$250 in a Club Supplies Credit or a US$250 donation from LCI to LCIF towards the club’s next MJF
- Publication in LION Magazine and on the LCI website
Participating clubs must submit their member recruiting stories from August 1 to August 30, 2014. Winners will be judged on the quality, creativity and effectiveness of their invitations, recruiting campaigns and induction ceremonies. See complete contest rules below.
Innovative Member Recruiting Contest Rules
- Submissions will be accepted from August 1 to August 30, 2014.
- Entries must be 500 words or less.
- 3 clubs from each constitutional area and Africa will be chosen as winners.
- Winners will be selected by the international Global Membership Team (GMT).
- Clubs are eligible to win in both contest categories – membership growth and innovative recruiting.