Year-Round Growth Award Program
The Year-Round Growth Program (pdf) recognizes Lions and their respective club for member invitation successes during a given fiscal year.
Individual Invitation Awards
Each Lion who sponsors a new member is eligible to receive a certificate of sponsorship from the international president. Both the sponsorship certificate and new member certificate are included in the New Member Kit, which may ordered free of charge through the Club Supplies Department.
Additionally, Lions who sponsor three (3) or more members during a given fiscal year will receive the Year-Round Growth Membership Excellence Lapel Pin.
Club Invitation Awards
Clubs that bring in the number of members in their category, as specified below, during a given fiscal year receive a Year-Round Growth Membership Excellence Banner Patch. The club categories, and number of new members necessary to receive the patch for the category, are as follows:
- Clubs with 21 or fewer members: bring in 3 or more new members
- Clubs with 22-40 members: bring in 5 or more new members
- Clubs with 41 or more members: bring in 8 or more new members
Additionally, the top three clubs (one from each of the three size categories above) from each constitutional area with the greatest number of new members and positive net growth during the fiscal year will receive a Lions Clubs International Flag Set.
Year Round Growth Outreach Strategy
Consider utilizing a calendar to guide or focus your invitation efforts. Give each month a different membership demographic, enabling your club to concentrate on the wide range of potential members available in your community. Consider the following sample calendar:
- August/September – Students & Leo Lions
- October – Traditional membership growth
- November/December – Family members
- January – Target demographic groups
- February/March – Women members
- April – New member induction
- May/June – Club development
For more information, contact the Membership and New Club Programs Department.
Lions Clubs International
300 W. 22nd Street, Oak Brook, IL 60523-8842